Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hes never really lit the world alight against any English team has he? And Barcas away record is shocking. Totally different prospect tonight. 

Barca have gone through in 39 of the 41 European ties in which they won the first leg away from home. Utd have never beaten them there. They are unbeaten in their last 30 European home games, and the most they've conceded is 1 goal in any of those games.

But you know, Oles experience from 1999 there will be vital and all.

No team had ever came down from 0-2 and got through in the champions league before. 

You already have an agenda over Solskjaer already, that shines through. The way Solskjaer has pulled united together after the mourinho debacle should be applauded not ridiculed, especially from united supporters. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oh I dunno. I can remember a game against Utd where he scored from the edge of the box, and where he had at least 4 Utd players tight to him.

(I'd guess around 10 years ago, maybe more).

European Cup final in Wembley?

Hes scored goals against English teams of course but most of them at home. Hes a different animal in the Neu Camp. 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

No team had ever came down from 0-2 and got through in the champions league before. 

You already have an agenda over Solskjaer already, that shines through. The way Solskjaer has pulled united together after the mourinho debacle should be applauded not ridiculed, especially from united supporters. 

No agenda at all. He did great and if he gets top 4 its an incredible achievement worthy of the job. I just think it was too early. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

European Cup final in Wembley?

not impossible i guess, but I wasn't thinking it was a big game (apart from being a CL game, etc).

I can see the goal in my head and I can remember posting a comment about it here at the time, but that's about where my memory ends.

It was a great goal. The way the utd players couldn't get near him was like he was covered in grease or something.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not impossible i guess, but I wasn't thinking it was a big game (apart from being a CL game, etc).

I can see the goal in my head and I can remember posting a comment about it here at the time, but that's about where my memory ends.

It was a great goal. The way the utd players couldn't get near him was like he was covered in grease or something.

You are mistaken for scholes super goal which knocked Messi out in 2008.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Pretty sure hes only scored twice against Utd, that one and the header in the other final. 

This the one youre thinking of?

Either way he won't be as quiet as he was last week tonight.

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Pretty sure hes only scored twice against Utd, that one and the header in the other final. 

This the one youre thinking of?

nope. If you're right I must be mistaken about it being against Utd then. I remember my comment was back at ralph, so maybe that's why I'm thinking utd.

I don't watch many barca games, so it's very likely to be in a CL match against an English team.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope. If you're right I must be mistaken about it being against Utd then. I remember my comment was back at ralph, so maybe that's why I'm thinking utd.

I don't watch many barca games, so it's very likely to be in a CL match against an English team.

Messi only scored twice against united, he has only played us 5 times though. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I nearly watch them as much as I do the Prem games. Hes been scary this season. 43 goals in 41 games so far. 8 in 7 CL games, 33 in 29 La Liga games. 

28 minutes ago, thetime said:

United fans are not happy not challenging for the top honours. 

If getting into the CL (via 4th place) is an "incredible achievment" is 5th a "great achievement"? Not being an arse here, LFC have skin in the game now with Arsenal's win and Utd potentially going out tonight.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

If getting into the CL (via 4th place) is an "incredible achievment" is 5th a "great achievement"? 

My opinion 4th means shite, so does 2nd. Wins you nowt, no point getting in the champions league and being all defeatist when we play someone decent.

I can understand owners talking about top 4, fans wanting top 4 over a trophy or 2 are having there brains washed by the media. 

22 minutes ago, thetime said:

My opinion 4th means shite, so does 2nd. Wins you nowt, no point getting in the champions league and being all defeatist when we play someone decent.

I can understand owners talking about top 4, fans wanting top 4 over a trophy or 2 are having there brains washed by the media. 

Fair.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

100%. Interesting though, often the clubs / managers that claim to have other priorities than the cups don't end up winning anything at all.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Hes never really lit the world alight against any English team has he?

He's ripped Arsenal apart a couple of times. including scoring 4 against them once. Also a hat-trick against City a couple of years ago, 2 great performances (maybe MOTM?) against United in finals and he was brilliant against Spurs when they beat them earlier this season. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

i heard a stat in the game last week, was it 40+ goals for each of the last 10 seasons? I think it was. :blink: 

Yup. And 38 goals 11 seasons ago. He scored 73 goals one season!

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

If getting into the CL (via 4th place) is an "incredible achievment" is 5th a "great achievement"? Not being an arse here, LFC have skin in the game now with Arsenal's win and Utd potentially going out tonight.

4th is an incredible achievement when you look at where Utd were after the Liverpool loss. 

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

He's ripped Arsenal apart a couple of times. including scoring 4 against them once. Also a hat-trick against City a couple of years ago, 2 great performances (maybe MOTM?) against United in finals and he was brilliant against Spurs when they beat them earlier this season. 

Sorry yeah I meant playing in England though. I know the Spurs game was away but the others were at home.

Not saying hes bad away from home because hes still amazing but he can be literally unplayable in the New Camp. 

15 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Got a feeling Ajax might get a result tonight. United already look out after 20 minutes, no idea what happened to De Gea for that second goal.

I switched over as soon as they equalised. Hoping for more of the same in the second half!