Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I switched over as soon as they equalised. Hoping for more of the same in the second half!

I'm on the train but hoping to catch the second half. Juve are excellent but there's something very exciting about Ajax.

10 hours ago, thetime said:

Ayr pretty much guaranteed play offs. 

Aye ? 

Its been a great season. Doubt it will end well but play offs was not even considered when we came up with the final kick of last season. 3 best players away for nothing at end of season after signing pre contracts with other clubs in January. Michael Rose our young centre half heading to Coventry. Looks a player.

7 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

He's ripped Arsenal apart a couple of times. including scoring 4 against them once. 

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Sorry yeah I meant playing in England though. I know the Spurs game was away but the others were at home.

Not saying hes bad away from home because hes still amazing but he can be literally unplayable in the New Camp. 

Scored 2 against us the last time Barca played at the Emirates. Admittedly I think they were both on a plate but he could have had more, and was a constant threat if I remember correctly. 

I get what you mean by he might not be completely unplayable away from the Nou Camp, but this idea that he is bad against English teams is a fallacy. 

9 hours ago, mjsell said:

Scored 2 against us the last time Barca played at the Emirates. Admittedly I think they were both on a plate but he could have had more, and was a constant threat if I remember correctly. 

I get what you mean by he might not be completely unplayable away from the Nou Camp, but this idea that he is bad against English teams is a fallacy. 

I don't think anyone has said hes bad against English teams. 

First goal last night was a beautiful. Less said about the 2nd the better.

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nice to hear than Joe Gomez may get some minutes tonight.

You think he will get much prem game time in the run in now? 

He's been on my radar for a while to snag in my draft fantasy league, but I fear he will only be used sparingly at best all the way until the end of the season. 

30 minutes ago, mjsell said:

You think he will get much prem game time in the run in now? 

He's been on my radar for a while to snag in my draft fantasy league, but I fear he will only be used sparingly at best all the way until the end of the season. 

as long as he's up to speed I think he'll be back to first choice. The number of goals conceded with him and without him is quite a stark difference.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as long as he's up to speed I think he'll be back to first choice. The number of goals conceded with him and without him is quite a stark difference.

Despite the stats there remains the question of will they want to change what is effectively a currently winning formula. 

Yes they conceded less goals with him earlier in the season, but theres no guarantee that he immediately makes that same difference, and if the currently worse defensive record is still good enough for them to be winning games, why take the risk of him not being up to speed and costing them. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Perhaps the worst result for you Liverpool fans, when all the dust has settled. 

Who cares? That was fucking entertainment of the highest order and VAR played its part! They still need to sort it out properly but that was amazing stuff at the end! 

• Upvote 1