Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I saw it doing the rounds last night that he hasn't won a quarter or semi since 2011. With his reputation and world class players at Barca, Bayern and City you'd expect better. I imagine they will come out firing in both the Prem and CL game, winning both.

Messi free kick incoming.

Yup. And a Suarez solo goal.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

I saw it doing the rounds last night that he hasn't won a quarter or semi since 2011. With his reputation and world class players at Barca, Bayern and City you'd expect better. I imagine they will come out firing in both the Prem and CL game, winning both.

Messi free kick incoming.

If that had been Juve last night rather than Spurs, we would be out now.

Spurs have something to hold on to now. Do they stick or twist? If they try to make a game of it, I fancy us to tear them to pieces. They did show at Anfield though that they could be pretty devastating on the counter. One goal from them would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

49 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

My Spurs-supporting brother in law not happy with your team’s performance Easty. Says you played like Stoke City last night.

I think your brother in law has his head in the clouds. We controlled the ball and pretty much the match so from a footballing perspective we were nothing like Stoke.

If your brother in law means from a physicality point of view, I think he gas a cheek. Harry Kane was by far the dirtiest bastard on the pitch and should have been off for his tackle on Serling. He also tried doing Delph and came off second best. I don't like to see players get injured but Kane deserved everything he got last night.

Was your brother in law complaining last seasonwhen Kane and Ali both should have been sent off for thuggish tackles? 

Spurs got away with murder last night with every little decision going their way. I know we all look through tinted glasses but to say City played like Stoke when Kane was the worst offender on the pitch is laughable.

Spurs have a history of kicking our players off the pitch. They can't complain if we give it back.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think your brother in law has his head in the clouds. We controlled the ball and pretty much the match so from a footballing perspective we were nothing like Stoke.

If your brother in law means from a physicality point of view, I think he gas a cheek. Harry Kane was by far the dirtiest bastard on the pitch and should have been off for his tackle on Serling. He also tried doing Delph and came off second best. I don't like to see players get injured but Kane deserved everything he got last night.

Was your brother in law complaining last seasonwhen Kane and Ali both should have been sent off for thuggish tackles? 

Spurs got away with murder last night with every little decision going their way. I know we all look through tinted glasses but to say City played like Stoke when Kane was the worst offender on the pitch is laughable.

Spurs have a history of kicking our players off the pitch. They can't complain if we give it back.

Lol. They literally got a penalty against them when no one asked for one:-/

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Didnt see the game, but heard it was a pretty gnarly affair. Didnt think Spurs played too roughly against LFC last week. As I mentioned, I think two routine wins are in the post for you fellas against them. Think Utd have a chance against Barca tonight which will will lend them to accept a right old hiding from you lads in the league.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol. They literally got a penalty against them when no one asked for one:-/

Does not mean it was not a penalty. It was far more of a penalty than the one given against us in the last round or the one United got against PSG. 

The one on Mahrez was also a penalty and that did not get given. Rose was dragging him back by hand, so much so that he ripped Mahrez's glove off his hand.

Spurs got the rub of the green last night in regards to decisions. They also have no room to call anyone Stoke when Kane was the dirtiest player on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

If Utd get rinsed by Barca at home tonight I think that could prompt a higher level of interest in the league derby from Alec however.

The derby is a week after the Champions league matches. United should be well up for it regardless of their champions league status. I don't want any favours off United. The derby should be the hardest and most nerve wracking game of the season. 

46 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They also have history of this with Chelsea. Here's two mins of them literally kicking Chelsea players off the pitch. Shoutout to Danny Rose who pushed 70 year old Guus Hiddink to the ground after the final whistle.

Edited by jyoung

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

They also have history of this with Chelsea. Here's two mins of them literally kicking Chelsea players off the pitch. Shoutout to Danny Rose who PUSHED 700 year old Guus Hiddink to the ground after the final whistle.

Spurs had no intention of playing football that night.

46 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The derby is a week after the Champions league matches. United should be well up for it regardless of their champions league status. I don't want any favours off United. The derby should be the hardest and most nerve wracking game of the season. 

Most Utd fans I know (edgelord type blerts) would prefer to chuck one against your lot than see us win. They don't view the derby game as being quite as consequential as you - this year at least.

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Most Utd fans I know (edgelord type blerts) would prefer to chuck one against your lot than see us win. They don't view the derby game as being quite as consequential as you - this year at least.

Don’t agree. 

I would prefer the scousers win the league(they will one year), than city get the quadruple. 

28 minutes ago, thetime said:

Don’t agree. 

I would prefer the scousers win the league(they will one year), than city get the quadruple. 

Is that shared by most Utd fans do you think? I think this City team would wipe the floor with that Utd side.

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Is that shared by most Utd fans do you think? I think this City team would wipe the floor with that Utd side.

People for get what a great side that 99 side was. You only have to look at the FA cup draws(Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal together to the final. Champions league draw with Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the groups. Followed by Juventus, inter Milan and Bayern in the knock outs to win it. 

I would say a midfield of Keane, scholes, Giggs, becks and Cole and Yorke upfront would be more than a match.