Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

in law the individual is responsible for their own words. Responsibility only becomes mine if there's there a complaint from the organisation libelled that I don't act on, and then the libel is upheld in law. So no worries for me on that front.

But I am finding it incredibly weird that you've raised that, as tho it's you who've been insulted, and when I don't really think you'd raise it for similar comments about anyone else. The short and easy version would probably say something about protesting too much.

I read too many football forums. A comment like that would have been deleted straight away. I just found it an astonishing thing to say as there has been absolutely no mention of City behaving in such a matter.

I love this website and I quite like you even though you talk too much. Wooderson is a top bloke even though he's well wrong on this front. Would not like to see anyone get in any trouble.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The thing you are forgetting though is that when these alleged violations were commited, City did in fact fail FFP and were punished. There is absolutely no suggestion that they have done anything wrong since. They are now the perfectly run football club. They don't have the highest wage bill, nor the most expensive squad and our highest transfer fee is nowhere near the highest in English football, nevermind Europe.

As of this point, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest City have done anything wrong. Everyone is taking the word of a German newspaper who have just had to apologise for their reporters making up stories as gospel.

As for the fraud accusation from Wooderson, I am surprised you have not deleted that as it is clearly libellous. At no point ever have there been any suggestion that City have broke the law.

Lets leave this convo till the efests meet. It is one for over a beer. It is going to be a dramatic end to the season, lets enjoy that for now.

They definitely have spent the most on their squad over the last decade, both in terms of overall spending and net spend, but they've bought and invested sensibly so haven't been dragged into the massively inflated spending of the last few years, which is to their credit.

Also it's tough to say absolute wage bills who spends most. As far as I'm aware, much of City's wages for the non-playing staff are paid by their parent company (the City Football Group), which dramatically reduces the club wage bill. No idea how it's structured for other clubs at many other clubs but I know this definitely isn't the case at all of them.

Happy for you to tell me if I've got that completely wrong.

Edited by Dan R

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

What a twat

Appalling from Allegri, Bonucci, and the Cagliari president. Doesn't even make sense when his celebration was a response to the racist abuse he was already getting during the match.

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

Is Liverpools wage bill not higher than City's.

I haven't seen a single report that suggests that to be true.

No I don't particulary give a fuck. City have not broken any laws nor commited any crimes. What they may have done and there is no evidence to prove they have yet, is found away round rules that were brought in, in attempt to stifle competiveness at the behest of a select few clubs at the top. Now Der Spiegel are saying the emails suggest that City got Abu Dhabi to gift Etihad the money for the sponsorship. Now UEFA ruled the Etihad deal as fair value. Where Etihad get their money from to fund their deals is no one elses business. No laws have been broken and nothing will come of this investigation. Now I like the way people have been taking what Der Spiegel say as gospel even though their journalists have been proved to be making up stories recently. Maybe it just fits peoples bitter and jealous narrative. 

I agree with that and the reality is that the traditional big boys will happily bend any rule if it works in their favour.

No one was screaming for the implementation of FFP when Madrid were being bank rolled by the Spanish monarchy. People are acting like these rules have been part of football since year dot. No they haven't. Apparently they were going to stop things like Portsmouth happening. Well thats a load of bollocks, just have a look at whats going on at Bolton and Wigan for example. All the bitter and jealous arseholes moaning about City don't care about whats going on at them clubs and they are the clubs FFP is apparently there to protect. They only care that their team are nit winning anymore. I suppose when you are a glory hunter and you only support a club because it was always winning, reactions like this should be expected.

Go catch up on Liverpools history. Have a look at how they started and then later on the Moore's family. Then come back and tell me that sentence you have written above does not apply to them.

Financial fair play was a stitch up to protect the teams at the top. Throwing money at a project is the only realistic way to challenge the top teams on a consistent basis. I am against financial fair play despite its non implementation in the national league significantly working against Wrexham.  As I have said my issue is not with City having the investment, however the fact they were chosen to receive that investment (ahead of another team) relied on good fortune, therefore I find it hard to accept a City fan bemoaning liverpools fortune with goalkeeper error.

Decent showing from Chels last night albeit against a bang average Brighton side. RLC has to be a regular for me he is far more effective than Kovacic and Barkley. Hope we begin to rotate Christensen in a bit more as well as he is a good long term prospect. And of course, Hudson-Odoi is ready.

Race for 3rd and 4th is going to go to the wire.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

just got free BT Sport access with my broadband, only to discover it's got naff-all Prem games on there. I'd been thinking it had the biggest chunk of games. 

Can't complain for a freebie I guess, tho I'm not sure who'd think it was worth paying for.

Champions League tho.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

But there's not much of that, and if I was interested enough to pay to watch the Chumps I'd be interested enough to go have a few beers in the pub at the same time, and where I didn't have to have a subscription.

They cover every single champs league game.

Not much use if you’re not interested in that competition right enough ?

Its the one to watch for me personally but each to their own. 

15 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

They cover every single champs league game.

Not much use if you’re not interested in that competition right enough ?

Its the one to watch for me personally but each to their own. 

I'm happy enough to watch CL games I'm interested in, but nothing more than that. Whereas sometimes I'll hooky-stream watch 5 or 6 live Prem games over Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway, I was just surprised at how few Prem games BT sport have. As I said, I thought they had much more.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm happy enough to watch CL games I'm interested in, but nothing more than that. Whereas sometimes I'll hooky-stream watch 5 or 6 live Prem games over Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway, I was just surprised at how few Prem games BT sport have. As I said, I thought they had much more.

Yeah I think it’s really just the Saturday evening slot they have and the odd midweek prem game.

Saturday afternoon games are no use to me but as I said, each to their own ? 

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah the coverage is crap. As @Comfy Bean mentioned... One Sat night game most weeks and half the time it's not even a big one. I prefer the BT panel / commentary team to Sky though. That said, for PL games I'm usually streaming NBCSN.

Edited by jyoung