Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11822/11684832/britains-richest-man-sir-jim-ratcliffe-trying-to-buy-french-club-nice

Sir Jim couldn't wangle Chelsea from Abramovic then. Nice are a very attractive proposition to be fair. Decent new stadium, fantastic city in a beautiful part of France. 

Incidentally, I'm currently in my second year managing them in the 2024 / 2025 season on Football Manager 19. In my first season there I won the Coupe de la Ligue and finished 1st in Ligue 1 (ending 6 seasons of PSG dominance).*

*Nobody cares but oh well

Edited by jyoung

10 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Not sure my heart can take another 5 games of that!

All three goal scorers should get a massive boost from that game, especially Henderson after the impact he made off the bench.

Big goal for Salah and very well taken.

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

The Lucky Liverpool debate rumbles on.

yeah, it was lucky for Salah he only had 3 players trying to stop him.

and it was lucky that Keita didn't get a red card when he should have got a penalty.

Hendo scoring a goal? You don't get more lucky than that! 
(Hendo scoring a goal? It's a sign, they're going to win* the league :P )
(* no, I don't think they will)

Fucking lucky scousers.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, it was lucky for Salah he only had 3 players trying to stop him.

and it was lucky that Keita didn't get a red card when he should have got a penalty.

Hendo scoring a goal? You don't get more lucky than that! 
(Hendo scoring a goal? It's a sign, they're going to win* the league :P )
(* no, I don't think they will)

Fucking lucky scousers.

It was just a joke referencing Easty's posts. They benefitted from the first goal not having an offside called earlier in the phase of play but hey swings and roundabouts they still deserved to win the game, no problem. 

11 hours ago, Dan R said:

Not sure my heart can take another 5 games of that!

All three goal scorers should get a massive boost from that game, especially Henderson after the impact he made off the bench.

Its the City matches that will break your heart.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

It was just a joke referencing Easty's posts. They benefitted from the first goal not having an offside called earlier in the phase of play but hey swings and roundabouts they still deserved to win the game, no problem. 

The biggest slice of luck Liverpool have had all season was Aguero having to go off in the match at Anfield. Never mind all the offside goals or keepers chucking it in their own net, Mahrez missing that penalty remains the pivotal moment of the season so far imo.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Its the City matches that will break your heart.

I don't watch them any more, there's nothing to be enjoyed from them for me.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

The biggest slice of luck Liverpool have had all season was Aguero having to go off in the match at Anfield. Never mind all the offside goals or keepers chucking it in their own net, Mahrez missing that penalty remains the pivotal moment of the season so far imo.

The lucky Liverpool story is kinda pointless, every team has good luck and bad luck. For every goal that was luck to be allowed there's one that was unlucky not to have been. The disallowed ones don't get brought up for the rest of the season though.

I do get a massive kick out of opposition keepers throwing it in for us though.

45 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Will agree that Mahrez’s pen was huge. So was Kompany getting away with a blatant red. But keep the “lucky Liverpool” stuff coming. It’s hilarious how people obsess over the Reds.

Yet Liverpools players and manager can't shut up about City ?‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Will agree that Mahrez’s pen was huge. So was Kompany getting away with a blatant red. But keep the “lucky Liverpool” stuff coming. It’s hilarious how people obsess over the Reds.

Liverpool have been quite unlucky really. Any other season they would have walked the league, well any other season apart from this and the last.

They could end up going all season, only getting beat once and still winning nothing.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Liverpool have been quite unlucky really. Any other season they would have walked the league, well any other season apart from this and the last.

They could end up going all season, only getting beat once and still winning nothing.

One of the most decent things you’ve posted in a while. LFC winning zilch is likely.

Similarly City - ostensibly the best football team on the planet - likewise. 

5 hours ago, Dan R said:

I

The lucky Liverpool story is kinda pointless, every team has good luck and bad luck. For every goal that was luck to be allowed there's one that was unlucky not to have been. The disallowed ones don't get brought up for the rest of the season though.

I do get a massive kick out of opposition keepers throwing it in for us though.

Look throughout Europe and the leagues are being won by teams with top 2 wage budgets. To win it with a lesser wage budget is clearly a tough job.