Runnerups

Primavera Sound 2019

16 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

awful festival like Coachella

lol there's plenty of lineup overlap between Coachella and Primavera, and the former is in many ways more well-run than the latter.

6 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

lol there's plenty of lineup overlap between Coachella and Primavera, and the former is in many ways more well-run than the latter.

I meant in the sense that it just seems to exist so the Kardashians can pose and take selfies for Instagram. Everything about it seems so vacuous. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aguycalledpat said:

Solange cancelled Coachella. Primavera?

Due to 'major production delays'.  Let's hope that all is ready before Primavera, there looks to be a Denmark date first. 

is it? there were plenty of commercial partners last year. PS is one of the most sponsor-heavy festivals I've been to. didn't they have a Zara clothes shop in the middle of the festival?

I've seen "limited edition" :rolleyes: festival clothes lines before. Dekmantel does one every year with Patta.

So, I'm still trying to understand this Heineken 'See your dream band' thing. I would imagine they already have the acts booked but just want to generate some hype.

Has anyone done the research and figured out a list of acts that could play these slots?

Alex Lahey was mentioned on the PS website's forum. It was only a guess, but I think it's possible - new album is out soon, she is available during PS and she was supposed to play last year.

And I also hope that Hop Along will be part of the Hidden stage programme (they are going to be in Porto and I can't see any reason why PS wouldn't book them).

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Ken Stringfellow tweeted the other day that he will announce something related to Primavera Sound soon.

where? 

There’s a big Anderson Paak size hole in this year and last year’s Primaver poster. Such a talented performer, a real opportunity missed.

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There’s a big Anderson Paak size hole in this year and last year’s Primaver poster. Such a talented performer, a real opportunity missed.

Hopefully Future will cancel too and he'll replace him. Seen his Coachella set on youtube, amazing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Degu said:

Thank you. 

I hope Wilco on PS.

I don't think so - they are playing the Azkena festival in the Basque Country on June 22 and it has been advertised as their onloy Spanish date in 2019.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, xxialac said:

He's touring the US. 

Electric performer, seen him last month in Berlin. Will do that again ASAP.

Screenshot_20190422-092803_Chrome.jpg

Would have thought we might find out the split for Sunday this week, possibly Hidden Stage next week and only around two weeks until timetables!

Mmm, getting close, can start to feel it...

8 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Do you base it on anything other than your wish for new names?

Only because there's two weeks to go until the set times are up and quite a lot of things to need to start to sort out - Ciutat, Hidden Stage, an inevitable cancellation/replacement etc!

Last year the hidden stage names started at May, this year the lineup came out early, so maybe this too. In any case, this weekend or next week we'll get something.

Any rumors/predictions?