TRNSMT Lineup 2019

4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It's been done mate, about a thousand times at T.

I think EDM was ruled out for TRNSMT by Geoff Ellis so would be very shocked.

Maybe so but not for a long time and it was probs ruled out due to the clientele it would attract.

Edited by kenny009uk

I've been going to festivals since I was 14 (first TITP at Balado in 98), in the UK and abroad, and even now, at the age of 35, I still can't get my head round the fact that things have changed so much to the point acts like Gerry Cinnamon and George Ezra are considered headliners and The Strokes aren't.

Very weird.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, thecommon said:

I've been going to festivals since I was 14 (first TITP at Balado in 98), in the UK and abroad, and even now, at the age of 35, I still can't get my head round the fact that things have changed so much to the point acts like Gerry Cinnamon and George Ezra are considered headliners and The Strokes aren't.

Very weird.

In that case...

T in the park 1994, Pulp played third down in King Tuts Tent. Went on to headline in 1996.

Regardless of the genre, I don't understand how someone who played third two years ago can't headline in two years time? Everyone these days just expect headliners to just keep playing the same old festival, not giving chance for new bands/acts as they get bigger. People always rage at reading and leeds when its not Foos or Metallica headlining again and again

How many people are saying Cinnamon is a headliner btw? It's not like this is some sort of common opinion.

And I don't think people are saying The Strokes aren't headliners. It's more that people are using them and bands like them to belittle Ezra's pull, which is unfair. Ezra's headline credentials should be extremely obvious. Sells loads of albums and singles, sells loads of tickets and has a big crossover appeal and has had since he started.

Just now, maxdillon7 said:

finding ezra’s merit as a large festival headliner is 

:lol:

Just to go back to another post, I made...

" Ezra's headline credentials should be extremely obvious. Sells loads of albms and singles, sells loads of tickets and has a big crossover appeal and has had since he started."

If you're going to look at these things and still just stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA LA" a lot, then I'm out of this discussion.

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

:lol:

Just to go back to another post, I made...

" Ezra's headline credentials should be extremely obvious. Sells loads of albms and singles, sells loads of tickets and has a big crossover appeal and has had since he started."

If you're going to look at these things and still just stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA LA" a lot, then I'm out of this discussion.

"I find a way to block it I go LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" I am covering my ears like a kid, when your words mean nothing I go LA LA LA.

That came to my head, I will see myself out...

5 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

In that case...

T in the park 1994, Pulp played third down in King Tuts Tent. Went on to headline in 1996.

Regardless of the genre, I don't understand how someone who played third two years ago can't headline in two years time? Everyone these days just expect headliners to just keep playing the same old festival, not giving chance for new bands/acts as they get bigger. People always rage at reading and leeds when its not Foos or Metallica headlining again and again

I was more leaning more towards their music, George Ezra and Gerry Cinnamon, is so bad I can't understand how it's seen as headliner material. 

I'm just old now though ?

1 minute ago, thecommon said:

I was more leaning more towards their music, George Ezra and Gerry Cinnamon, is so bad I can't understand how it's seen as headliner material. 

I'm just old now though ?

Personal tastes mean absolutely nothing in this. If they did, I'd be putting Cinnamon in the bin.

Don't mind Ezra at all.

They’ve really messed themselves after having so many headliners last year, definitely going to be Kasabian back in 2020 i reckon maybe even more too. I think George Ezra seems pretty certain, could maybe Ed Sheeran instead possibly be an option. Also whoever said that killers aren’t a parka band, they aren’t british but mr brightside is more significant to british trnsmt audience culture than any AM or Oasis song probably. Their day only did worse than Liam g’s and AM’s because it was on the second weekend i reckon.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Personal tastes mean absolutely nothing in this. If they did, I'd be putting Cinnamon in the bin.

Don't mind Ezra at all.

You see someone like George Ezra as the headliner of a music festival though? To me that's nuts. It's music for people that don't really like music. 

I think of the band's I've seen in the 10 years or so headline festivals, Metallica, The Strokes, REM, Pearl Jam, Muse etc. Guys like GeorgeEzra shouldn't ever be seen as a headline act. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

They’ve really messed themselves after having so many headliners last year, definitely going to be Kasabian back in 2020 i reckon maybe even more too. I think George Ezra seems pretty certain, could maybe Ed Sheeran instead possibly be an option. Also whoever said that killers aren’t a parka band, they aren’t british but mr brightside is more significant to british trnsmt audience culture than any AM or Oasis song probably. Their day only did worse than Liam g’s and AM’s because it was on the second weekend i reckon.

That doesn't go against what I said about them not being a parka band btw. What it does is show the scope of who TRNSMT want to aim for. I definitely agree that the second weekend didn't help them.

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

People just determined to downplay how big he is cause they don't like him. Every year with T then TRNSMT people always suggest stuff like The Who etc which is never gonna happen & just setting themselves up for disappointment.  

Read the commons post above yours

Nails it.

Edited by Threestripes

1 minute ago, thecommon said:

You see someone like George Ezra as the headliner of a music festival though? To me that's nuts. It's music for people that don't really like music.

I'm not even touching that last sentence. Deary fucking me.

As for the first question, aye, I see someone that sells out arena tours in minutes and has shitloads of big songs and two big albums as a potential big festival headliner.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Says thats his only outdoor show in Scotland

Ah.