TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I don't have a source, it'a a guess.

He has a show in Ireland about a week before Glastonbury, and then Glastonbury.

Is he skipping Scotland? Very unlikely I reckon, and he's run out of other places he might be playing.

Like the Radiohead run - Glasto and TRNSMT

17 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

i seriously cannot comprehend how someone thinks those 3 headliners would sell tickets. for the simple fact that none of these acts have headlined before, 2 of which the vast majority dont want to see headlining in stormzy and ezra. 

people spoke about reading and leeds evolving but when they elevate acts to headline status they do it alongside household names or as part of a 2 act co headline slot. e.g. fall out boy got elevated to co headliner alongside biffy clyro, the 1975 got elevated to headliner but Foo fighters are on the card to sell tickets. when biffy clyro were promoted in 2013 it was alongside established names in Eminem and Green day.

You cant elevate 3 acts at once and expect it not to flop hard. 

You're deluded mate. You don't want to see them headline, that doesn't mean other people don't.

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

You're deluded mate. You don't want to see them headline, that doesn't mean other people don't.

im really not, trnsmts target audience do not want George ezra and stormzy, tell me im wrong or deluded if you like but im not wrong here. if george ezra has left a festival like neighbourhood with more than half their tickets to sell after over 3 months after it was announced when it sold out last year in a day how can you expect him to push 50k tickets.

george ezra isnt a festival headlining act because people who go to festivals arent that invested in him, they wouldnt mind seeing during the day ( i watched him at trnsmt 2 years ago) someone said earlier hes music for people who arent really into music and i think he hit the nail on the head.

stormzy on the other hand simply isnt that big outside london, and he is only headlining Glastonbury for the sake of diversification. once again people might watch him during the day. but should not headline a festival like trnsmt. maybe wireless that is put on more for fans of his genre and closer to his area.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

im really not, trnsmts target audience do not want George ezra and stormzy, tell me im wrong or deluded if you like but im not wrong here. if george ezra has left a festival like neighbourhood with more than half their tickets to sell after over 3 months after it was announced when it sold out last year in a day how can you expect him to push 50k tickets.

george ezra isnt a festival headlining act because people who go to festivals arent that invested in him, they wouldnt mind seeing during the day ( i watched him at trnsmt 2 years ago) someone said earlier hes music for people who arent really into music and i think he hit the nail on the head.

stormzy on the other hand simply isnt that big outside london, and he is only headlining Glastonbury for the sake of diversification. once again people might watch him during the day. but should not headline a festival like trnsmt. maybe wireless that is put on more for fans of his genre and closer to his area.

100% this for me. ^^^^^^

1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

Bang on the money.

8 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

First of all, they can only book who is available to be booked. Second, you're again underestimating his popularity once again. You keep talking about this neighbourhood festival but it's totally irrelevant, completely different festival. TRNSMT is basically a pop festival, so why would they not book one of the biggest acts around at the moment who had a very fast selling arena show?

If it's something like SNow Patrol followed by Ezra it will sell very well imo

Edited by didinowanttohearthat

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Been on this forum a few years and it is so unrepresentative of the vast majority that actually attend the festival. Is there any chance at all that the bookers have a better idea of the popularity of acts and their ticket-selling ability??

Ezra is currently the biggest ticket-shifter there is, i think (sure I read something along those lines somewhere recently).

4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

First of all, they can only book who is available to be booked. Second, you're again underestimating his popularity once again. You keep talking about this neighbourhood festival but it's totally irrelevant, completely different festival. TRNSMT is basically a pop festival, so why would they not book one of the biggest acts around at the moment who had a very fast selling arena show?

If it's something like SNow Patrol followed by Ezra it will sell very well imo

its not irrelevant at all, neighbourhood and Trnsmt have the same Target audience, last year courteeners, blossoms, gerry cinnamon and many more acts did both festivals, a gallagher brother headlined either festival. neighbourhood is literally a smaller version of trnsmt. 

im not underestimating ezra's popularity, im saying that its kind of irrelevant here as people who would buy a george ezra CD arent going going to go to trnsmt, just because someone can sell tickets to their own gigs doesn't mean they will sell a lot of tickets to a festival because its a completely different scenario.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Ezra is currently the biggest ticket-shifter there is, i think (sure I read something along those lines somewhere recently).

Exactly my point. It's so obvious he will shift tickets. Also, not like TRNSMT is only festival having him headline, IOW and (I think) Latitiude are too. I wouldn't go to see him but my opinion doesn't really matter.

Just now, rawzyj said:

neighbourhood and Trnsmt have the same Target audience

just because someone can sell tickets to their own gigs doesn't mean they will sell a lot of tickets to a festival because its a completely different scenario.

No they don't at all.

TRNSMT isn't a camping festival it's a summer's day in Glasgow Green, plenty people would attend that wouldn't go to T for instance.

12 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

No they don't at all.

TRNSMT isn't a camping festival it's a summer's day in Glasgow Green, plenty people would attend that wouldn't go to T for instance.

Neighbourhood is a summers day on victoria park, who mentioned T? Trnsmt and Neighbourhood 100% have the same target audience.

Stormzy is an extremely difficult one to judge. He's clearly a big deal, but how big? Had an afternoon slot in 2017 and the closest he's had to a big arena show was going onstage with Linkin Park.

So it's kinda hard to judge the demand for him, especially two years later. There's a decent chance he could explode onto the scene and be an instant hot ticket. That'll be what TRNSMT are aiming for, but it's a huge risk and not much like them.

Oh, and the target audience is anyone who will pay money. If people shell out money then it's job done. So shut up about the target audience and just accept you're not part of it.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

There's a decent chance he could explode onto the scene and be an instant hot ticket. That'll be what TRNSMT are aiming for, but it's a huge risk and not much like them.

I don't think it's that big a risk if Stormzy is what they're doing. His new album combined with Glastonbury will probably confirm him as that massive act.

And even if Glastonbury doesn't convert many, I think there'll be more than enough interest in that from those who lean towards hip-hop for it to help shift the tickets. It's not like no one in Scotland likes rap, is it?

55 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Neighbourhood is a summers day on victoria park, who mentioned T? Trnsmt and Neighbourhood 100% have the same target audience.

They do not have 100% the same target audience. The first year or Neighbourhood had some similar acts to the LG day of TRNSMT plus they also both had Blossoms I get that- but look outwith that at all the other acts.

Also if you're saying that they have 100% the same audience & Ezra is doind Neighbourhood , then why on earth would you be shocked that TRNSMT has him too?

2 minutes ago, 5rebbecas said:

Think they need to upgrade the king tuts to get bigger bands on there, wouldn’t be a problem for some folk if stormzy headlined and they announced wombats  on king tuts at the same time (just an example)

I think that this would be a great idea, and I'm not sure why they haven't gone down this route. Gig on the Green had two pretty big tent stages when that was going so there was definitely room.

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think that this would be a great idea, and I'm not sure why they haven't gone down this route. Gig on the Green had two pretty big tent stages when that was going so there was definitely room.

Always saw it as a cost saving exercise tbh. I quite like the wee king tuts stage, always a good chance to discover some new acts.