Download 2019

Steve1000

8 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

I don't know if architects are big enough to sub tbh. 

BFMV subbed this year, they're playing only two dates in support of this new album: Ally Pally and Cardiff. Architects have about 29,000 tickets available (BFMV have 15,000) for this tour and are playing bigger venues. If Bullet can sub, Architects can comfortably. 

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye that's true, I imagine Tool tickets will be made expensive anyway, like, and at least Download is kinda convenient for me.

Do we reckon all the subs are there or that Rob Zombie will be third down/second stage headliner? If Tool have a decent sub like Deftones or something it'd sway me a bit more.

Architects and halestorm will surely be announced as subs/second stage headliners 

9 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

551078472_downloadwithupdates_001.thumb.jpeg.50dc99748ed6ff6dd4e0e65cf9f05b58.jpegI could see this being the finished product tbf. With the new announcements in mind, this is what I came up with.

I would go Saturday if Slash finished before Slipknot and there was some decent additions on the avalanche stage, I've yet to see Slipknot at Download and reckon it would probably be the best way to do it here.

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

What about those bands that are in another festivals but haven't been announced yet?

Alice In Chains / Architects (i guess they will surely play) / Within Temptation / Godsmack / As I Lay Dying / Dropkick Murphys / Slayer (guess will play too)

Papa Roach are at Greenfield. They'll surely be added.

I have never been to Download before but I will maybe go on the Saturday evening to see Slipknot and Trivium, I am envious of the people who aren't fussy with music, there are probably only 3 bands I would listen to on a festival list.

It takes near £300 to go to Download for a day from Northern Ireland where I am from.

Edited by markopaddy92

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I take things he says with a massive pinch of salt because he’s well known for fucking with people on Twitter.

Yeah he does have that tendency. Hoping they play Download, they'd be greeted like heroes.

Edited by Dukey

40 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

Will download tickets sell out immediately, wondering if i'll be able to wait abit before i buy my ticket

No, I don’t think they’ve ever sold out. Only ones I’ve seen selling out are the quiet camping ones 

• Upvote 1

I’ve filled out my prediction after the announcement: 

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Tesla / Tremonti / Delain / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Rob Zombie / Anthrax 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / While She Sleeps / Power Trip / Venom Prison 

Die Antwoord / Skindred 

Tool / Deftones / Alice In Chains / Opeth / Coheed and Cambria / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Black Peaks

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World 

41 minutes ago, devilman said:

Tool aren't a bigger draw than Maiden, ACDC, GnR or Metallica. None of them sold it out. Tool won't.

They 100% are a bigger draw then any of them at the moment. They haven't been to the UK for 12 years and dare I say their new album will surely be out thats why their doing a tour.

You can see Maiden and Metallica most years somewhere in the UK most years. People are bored of them. GNR and AC/DC are arguable but still Tool havent been to the UK for 12 YEARS and they have been multiple times. 

There are about 30 people I know that have all been absolutely amazed that tool got announced and are 100% going to download, no one I know has had the same reaction with any of the bands you mentioned.  

They may not be a lot of people cup of tea but people have been waiting for tool to download again for so many years, I would be very surprised if the day tickets don't sell out fast.

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Upvote 1

if ACDC/AEROSMITH/RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE didn't sell out then this will not

I'm going to wait for a few more announcements before taking the leap, made the mistake booking tickets straight after System of a down were announced a few years back and the rest of the lineup was poor!