Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

55 minutes ago, gfa said:

Stadium tours often have strange supports.

Last year Post Malone was supporting RHCP for instance

I was dragged along to Take That at Wembley a few yrs back and support was Pet Shop Boys - brilliant for me, but most of the crowd seemed bemused.

4 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

I saw them described as the Imagine Dragons of the metal world and thought that was pretty spot on. Can’t help but feel that they wouldn’t be nearly as recognised by the rock/metal world if they didn’t dress up all spooky.

I tweeted this a little while back. I think a few people have made the same (correct, and cutting) observation. I was at Download and saw absolutely shitloads of people wearing Sleep Token tshirts, probably the most popular tshirt on show there ffs! - so on the drive back i bunged them on shuffle to check em out.

Almost had to stop at leicester sevices to change it 😄 They're just not for me.

R and B elements with a bit of metal isnt a bad idea, Turnstile have swathes of it and they're great (especially live) but  Sleep Token i dont get.

But the kids love em! The second most popular t-shirt i saw at Download was probably Five finger death punch and they're absolutely bollocks too, so maybe we should be ignoring the kids 👍

Edited by balti-pie

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I tweeted this a little while back. I think a few people have made the same (correct, and cutting) observation. I was at Download and saw absolutely shitloads of people wearing Sleep Token tshirts, probably the most popular tshirt on show there ffs! - so on the drive back i bunged them on shuffle to check em out.

Almost had to stop at leicester sevices to change it 😄 They're just not for me.

R and B elements with a bit of metal isnt a bad idea, Turnstile have swathes of it and they're great (especially live) but  Sleep Token i dont get.

But the kids love em! The second most popular t-shirt i saw at Download was probably Five finger death punch and they're absolutely bollocks too, so maybe we should be ignoring the kids 👍

FFDP put on a good show, I'll give 'em that. They seldom seem to play outside of London and Download now though, so maybe favour is against them.

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Maddest support/main act combo of all time for me has to be The Velvet Underground reuniting... to support U2

Now that's pretty wild.

Said it happened a few times when U2 were in Zoo TV mode, so at their most ridiculous. Can imagine that was quite the evening indeed.

39 minutes ago, Crouchinho76 said:

If we are talking about headliners subbing headliners, Florence supported the Rolling Stones when I saw them at London Stadium.  Not that long ago... maybe 2018? 

She also supported Blur, but this was when she was only 1-2 albums deep so not quite the same