Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Just now, Sasperella said:

This is pretty amazing! This seems like the perfect choice now to replace Glastonbury. Does Rockwerchter also have its fair share of DJs etc at night? When does the music usually end??

Main show normally ends some between 1-2am but if you get Hive camping tickets there's DJ's until 4am. I'd say generally it's less of a "party fest" than some of the others

The Script will play the Imagine Dragons sub slot on Thursday. Those of us who'll wait for QOTSA will have a wonderful time there :P. Question is where are NIN playing? I'll probably go with Barn headliner after David Byrne, but in that case he'll clash with Cave (assuming Cave isn't closing the festival) and that's a bummer. 

Just now, e2p2 said:

The Script will play the Imagine Dragons sub slot on Thursday. Those of us who'll wait for QOTSA will have a wonderful time there :P. Question is where are NIN playing? I'll probably go with Barn headliner after David Byrne, but in that case he'll clash with Cave (assuming Cave isn't closing the festival) and that's a bummer. 

Is any chance Cave is closing the festival? I'd be kinda disappointed if that happens...

1 minute ago, e2p2 said:

My guess would be co-headlining on the main stage. Similar set up to Arcade Fire / Kings Of Leon last year maybe

can't see nine inch nails on the tent, sorry. i think it will be a nick cave + nin combo and maybe oscar and the wolf closing (if that interview was not misleading).

i'm starting to worry a bit about friday. i think london grammar or snow patrol should not be big enough to sub... even if AM are there. but with the bad james blake booking last year... i don't know what to say.

Just now, voyager2406 said:

Looks like pearl jam are the biggest font size on the poster, does this mean we only have one confirmed headliner? Curious.

Capture+_2018-01-26-15-25-37.png

it was the same last year, radiohead and foo fighters had bigger fonts. anyway, font sizes don't matter that much on werchter poster.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say 2 headliners to come, can’t see nick cave headlining. AM headlining the Friday I would imagine.

Pretty sure Nick Cave will headline at this point. He's headlining every other fest he's playing this summer, although NIN could end up going on after as a late night thing

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say 2 headliners to come, can’t see nick cave headlining. AM headlining the Friday I would imagine.

i agree that nick cave solo headlining sounds not that great on paper but it's hard to find an act that could fit there. all the big rock 80s-90s bands are @graspop, the killers are probably smaller in belgium then nick cave. maybe a pop or surprising act... 

Considering KoL and Arcade Fire co headlined last year I’d be surprised if Nick Cave had a sole headline slot. AM sound nailed on.

Don’t understand Muse’s tour plan this year can they really just be doing Rock AM Ring/Im Park and Rock In Rio Lisbon for Europe?

Is an AM / The Killers co headline and Muse above Nick Cave completely over the top as an idea?

1 minute ago, DHG123 said:

Considering KoL and Arcade Fire co headlined last year I’d be surprised if Nick Cave had a sole headline slot. AM sound nailed on.

Don’t understand Muse’s tour plan this year can they really just be doing Rock AM Ring/Im Park and Rock In Rio Lisbon for Europe?

Is an AM / The Killers co headline and Muse above Nick Cave completely over the top as an idea?

That makes sense for me. It's exactly what i'm expecting haha

• Like 1

Surely if Nick Cave was the solo headliner with NIN the sub, they'd be on the same line with Cave in a slightly larger font like Pearl Jam and Jack White, rather than NIN being below him? 

Looking ok so far but they announced the six headliners first last year so it's difficult to compare. Need to give a couple of acts a listen now like Anderson Paak and David Byrne!