Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Just now, eFestivals said:

Torres strongly wanted out, tho.

It doesn't appear to be the same with Phil, tho it's impossible for us to really know.

The expression flogged a dead horse comes to mind as well. Still plenty left in Coutinho and as you said, he doesn't seem to be pushing.

Just now, Wooderson said:

He wants to leave.

I don't really doubt he'd prefer to play for Barca, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's pushing to leave as strongly as Torres was.

The rumours have been that Barca are prepared to pay £120M for him, so I suspect if he's going the offer is going to have to grow a bit - and I'm not sure it will as they're pursuing Dembele too.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I don't really doubt he'd prefer to play for Barca, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's pushing to leave as strongly as Torres was.

The rumours have been that Barca are prepared to pay £120M for him, so I suspect if he's going the offer is going to have to grow a bit - and I'm not sure it will as they're pursuing Dembele too.

I think around £120m LFC start to re-assess things. Had Barca come for him in Feb like they are now, and if a weakling like Rodgers had been in charge, Phil would be gone.

LFC will ask him to knuckle down for another season and send him off to Spain next May with best wishes as they did Suarez.

As you say, poor FT lost the run of himself and forced LFC's hand early, something he's regretted since methinks - despite the medals.

Still would have loved to see Suarez and Torres play in the same team even if it was only for 5 months. Thought Dalglish acted with too much pride that transfer window

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Teams will know that Liverpool just received a large sum and if they come knocking, the selling club can just hold them to ransom over stupidly high prices. Could end up losing him and getting nobody decent in

The Torres Andy Carroll transfer window springs to mind............ 

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Perhaps the most overrated striker in recent times. Broke the 20 goals barrier in the league once in his entire career and into double figures once in the last 7 seasons. Dreadful stuff for someone so hyped. 

Liverpool far far better off with his Uruguayan replacement.

To be fair he made prime vidic look an idiot in his Liverpool days, vidic was a nervous wreck facing Torres in his Liverpool days.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

To be fair he made prime vidic look an idiot in his Liverpool days, vidic was a nervous wreck facing Torres in his Liverpool days.

Yeah the one time when Vidic slipped that Pool fans love. Torres only scored 3 goals against Utd with LFC. 

Don't get me wrong, he was good but in this decade theres been a shitload of better strikers. His first season for Liverpool was incredible granted but 20+ goals in all comps in only 5 seasons from 17. Overrated. 

Surely Liverpool have to sell Coutinho now?

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Surely Liverpool have to sell Coutinho now?

I think what happens with Dembele might affect Barca wanting him. They might not be able to go big for both of them, and Dembele seems their greater preference.

It's been a bit of thing to try and hold a player for year beyond a big offer, too, and most particularly when there's a long contract (as there is with Phil) - so while he might still go I think there's a reasonable chance he might not.