2019 festival

8 minutes ago, M15B said:

Do you think there's any chance of a Jack White set across the weekend, perhaps a 2nd down on the main stage.

Welcome.

Even aside from debating whether he'd belong at R+L anymore; Jack White doesn't tend to stay on tour for that long nowadays and I think he's moving forward with a new Raconteurs album next year.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Welcome.

Even aside from debating whether he'd belong at R+L anymore; Jack White doesn't tend to stay on tour for that long nowadays and I think he's moving forward with a new Raconteurs album next year.

Ah okay, I'd love to see him at R&L but even a Raconteurs set would be good over the weekend. From what people have said about the headliners it seems like they'll be booking more rock acts based on the headliners.

40 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

If the headliner acts are mainly Rock/Indie, the undercard will probably be full of Rap/Grime

I think this is what they will do. I mean, Kendrick, Eminem are the only two hip hop artists that do fall under a mass crowd pleasing marquee no matter what the audiences usual tastes are. I know metal heads and indie boys that love Kendrick because of his old school 70s compton rap flow, and Eminem because he makes good tracks. 

There aren't really any others, you have Kanye but he is probably to big and polarising for Reading now. Drake is the biggest in the world right now but he doesn't appeal to all genre fans like the others. (In before "but im a rock music fan and i hate Kanye and Eminem and i have a greeeeat taste in music").

Chance the rapper, Post Malone etc will be there in 3 or 4 years if they stay around. But there are no others. BBK are a small time UK collective who are better placed as a NME headline and Stormzy hasn't actually really done anything of note. Asap Rocky is a sub at best. Tyler the creator is a sub at best. Brockhampton and RTJ aren't mainstream enough to make it to the top yet. Gorillaz are just yesterdays news all over now.

Hell, even Pharrell couldnt headline and bring a crowd out and he is fickung huge and has been around making smash hits forever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It would be so good if R&L got bands like Slipknot and Iron Maiden just to widen the genre but will never happen. I know there's download but just thinking that it would be awesome if it was to happen. I mean they got Five Finger Death Punch a few years back which i personally enjoyed but they won't ever be back I don't think either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

It would be so good if R&L got bands like Slipknot and Iron Maiden just to widen the genre but will never happen. I know there's download but just thinking that it would be awesome if it was to happen. I mean they got Five Finger Death Punch a few years back which i personally enjoyed but they won't ever be back I don't think either. 

Bruce Dickinson versus the current general R+L demographic would be one hell of a tussle.

6 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Would he turn up though

I think he would he's never done the festival before he wants to publicise his albums he wont be at any other uk festivals he might do Wembley or some big arena shows but I think he's in line he'll be expensive but I think FR should give it a risk and probably spend less money on other headliners therefore if they do get Kanye TOP will be headlining outright to save money crossed fingers this is it! why can't it just be like glasto where the rumours are actually pretty accurate 

Kanye 

Foos 

5 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but the kooks are bloody headlining community next year, wasn’t expecting that at all

ye poor announcement I think the kooks are pretty ancient pretty weak I think blossoms are  great sub though personallyi think stereophonics would've been pretty cool at community 

Edited by bigcharlie65

1 minute ago, bigcharlie65 said:

ye poor announcement I think the kooks are pretty ancient pretty weak I think blossoms are  great sub though 

After seeing them at reading this year, they are so bland live, definitely shouldn’t be headlining any sort of festival.

agree about blossoms though, hopefully this means they will be at reading as well

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I think he would he's never done the festival before he wants to publicise his albums he wont be at any other uk festivals he might do Wembley or some big arena shows but I think he's in line he'll be expensive but I think FR should give it a risk and probably spend less money on other headliners therefore if they do get Kanye TOP will be headlining outright to save money crossed fingers this is it! why can't it just be like glasto where the rumours are actually pretty accurate 

Kanye 

Foos 

What the fuck happened to punctuation?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1