Resale - card payment verification

Ollie9917

Hi

Two questions - if you are asked to put in like the verified by visa stuff by that point are the tickets secured (as it takes a long bloody time)

And

If I let all my friends use my card to try for us 8 in the resale will they be hit by the verified by visa??

Thanks

Just now, Ollie9917 said:

Hi

Two questions - if you are asked to put in like the verified by visa stuff by that point are the tickets secured (as it takes a long bloody time)

And

If I let all my friends use my card to try for us 8 in the resale will they be hit by the verified by visa??

Thanks

I have never seen the system use VBV so you should be fine.

Probably the wrong thread but I just wanted to check if anyone knew when resale may be? I know it's normally in April but with no sign of an announcement, I'm just getting a bit nervous. The main reason is that I'm doing the London Marathon on April 23rd and for some reason, I feel they'll do it on this sunday....would they do resale at the same time of a big event* like that?

*big event in london. But still 75,000 runners. 

I was asked and missed out on tickets in the secret resale in 2014...it was the first time I had used the card for an online transaction though so don't know if that had anything to do with it...got the varified by visa page come up and then missed out....only fail I have ever had! 

9 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Probably the wrong thread but I just wanted to check if anyone knew when resale may be? I know it's normally in April but with no sign of an announcement, I'm just getting a bit nervous. The main reason is that I'm doing the London Marathon on April 23rd and for some reason, I feel they'll do it on this sunday....would they do resale at the same time of a big event* like that?

The resale has been London marathon day before. Both 2011 and 2013 I'm pretty sure.

...Sorry. That's probably not what you wanted to hear. 

31 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Hi MJ

Firstly, good luck with the marathon - I did it last year and it's so amazing!

Secondly, I fear your fears may be realised...I think smart money is on 23 April for the resale :(

Thirdly, and only as I am an insufferable pedant, the marathon is big, but last year we were just under 40000, not 75000!

Good luck in both ventures

:)

Ben

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi MJ

Firstly, good luck with the marathon - I did it last year and it's so amazing!

Secondly, I fear your fears may be realised...I think smart money is on 23 April for the resale :(

Thirdly, and only as I am an insufferable pedant, the marathon is big, but last year we were just under 40000, not 75000!

Good luck in both ventures

:)

Ben

Thanks all - it appears I'm going to have to start making contact with friends of friends to help on the day....

Would make the gruelling 26.2 miles a whole lot sweeter if I knew there was a glasto ticket waiting for me at the end!

16 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Thanks all - it appears I'm going to have to start making contact with friends of friends to help on the day....

Would make the gruelling 26.2 miles a whole lot sweeter if I knew there was a glasto ticket waiting for me at the end!

Now that's motivation!

:D

Ben

On 03/04/2017 at 4:38 PM, Muppetmark said:

ive never been asked for it for glasto but i have for other gig tickets from see. 

Yeah, me to. I think it must be a thing that the festival has requested, or maybe it's just the number of hits on the site that makes it impracticable.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, endswithMJ said:

I remember watching the Marathon after bagging tickets one year so unfortunately probably the same weekend, which I wonder is that on purpose so that only us lazies get tickets!  :lol:

Get a few mates to try for your tickets, that's your best bet :)  And good luck on the 23rd, for both!

Edited by verrymerry

On 03/04/2017 at 5:30 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Now that's motivation!

:D

Ben

Managed to bag myself a place with Oxfam today :D 

still gunna try for resale but I'm going, regardless. Very happy. 

My joy is making me want to post a link to my just giving page...if you are inclined to donate, any amount will be appreciated! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Martyn-Jenkin

On 31/03/2017 at 7:57 PM, Ollie9917 said:

hallelujah! And should I warn my bank of the two high transactions ??

If your with Nat West I would. The amount of times my cards been blocked for stupid reasons is unreal. I once bought a burger from a van, went to Aldi and then bought a toy for my son on amazon and they blocked it, said all the transactions were suspicious. Total amassed to about 12 quid.