Jump to content
pete76

Open'er festival 2017

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'm gonna guess at Bon Iver (co-headliner), Michael Kiwanuka, Bonobo, A Tribe Called Quest, Glass Animals, Moderat, Alt-J, Future Islands, Flume, London Grammar and Royal Blood

I was thinking today, ATCQ could be the co-headliner.

I'm seeing 4 of the lot you posted at other festivals, will happily take the rest! 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gregory said:

I was thinking today, ATCQ could be the co-headliner.

I'm seeing 4 of the lot you posted at other festivals, will happily take the rest! 

I'd happily take them and can see it happening. ATCQ/The xx is strong and cheap enough. Radiohead/The Weeknd/Foo Fighters must have been pretty expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LiamMcMillen said:

I'd happily take them and can see it happening. ATCQ/The xx is strong and cheap enough. Radiohead/The Weeknd/Foo Fighters must have been pretty expensive. 

They have a 3 week gap between Park Life and Roskilde so I think it is likely. They're headlining Panorama in NYC, so guess they probably wouldn't take anything less than co-head at open'er

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gregory said:

They have a 3 week gap between Park Life and Roskilde so I think it is likely. They're headlining Panorama in NYC, so guess they probably wouldn't take anything less than co-head at open'er

The only thing that's making me doubt that is that they're not headlining Parklife and that's not even seen as a *big* festival. They're doing Glasto too I reckon so there's a 99% chance they'll be there, it's just whether they headline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Is this "co-headliner" thing confirmed? I tried asking on Twitter, and all the official twitter account did was 'liked' my tweet, lol. 

It's all a bit weird. They announced it as a co-headline and then it seems to be taken off the website. NME announced it as a co-headline too. Either way, I'm pretty sure the band/artist before The xx will be strong! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

It's all a bit weird. They announced it as a co-headline and then it seems to be taken off the website. NME announced it as a co-headline too. Either way, I'm pretty sure the band/artist before The xx will be strong! 

You're right, just checked the Polish version of the site and the co-headliner mention has been removed from there too, strange. They're just not a headline band in any form to me, musically, success, or live performance wise. Hopefully something strong is matched. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gregory said:

You're right, just checked the Polish version of the site and the co-headliner mention has been removed from there too, strange. They're just not a headline band in any form to me, musically, success, or live performance wise. Hopefully something strong is matched. 

The Weeknd as well for that matter, in my opinion. But I understand too, as brought up before here, that Radiohead and Foo Fighters may have already "cost" the organisers a lot, so they're hard acts to follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

The Weeknd as well for that matter, in my opinion. But I understand too, as brought up before here, that Radiohead and Foo Fighters may have already "cost" the organisers a lot, so they're hard acts to follow. 

I think the Weeknd is more worthy, with 'hits' and an interesting and energetic live show.

Fact is, at NOS Alive, a smaller festival, the xx are playing on the same day as The Weekend, and here they're separate headliners. Not complaining though, just greedy ;) 

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gregory said:

You're right, just checked the Polish version of the site and the co-headliner mention has been removed from there too, strange. They're just not a headline band in any form to me, musically, success, or live performance wise. Hopefully something strong is matched. 

To be fair to them, they've made three amazing albums, are headlining Primavera and have sold out 7 nights at Brixton Academy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

To be fair to them, they've made three amazing albums, are headlining Primavera and have sold out 7 nights at Brixton Academy. 

Agreed. I'm all for festivals promoting bands to headline status... The XX deserves that slot for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TomViolence said:

...but I guess their level of popularity may differ in Poland.

 

They sold out both concerts in Poland last year the one in Warsaw in matter of hours. I think they have want to book another band for the same day but the deal is not final so they try to hold of with the headlining info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, muflon said:

They sold out both concerts in Poland last year the one in Warsaw in matter of hours. I think they have want to book another band for the same day but the deal is not final so they try to hold of with the headlining info.

Yeah that sounds feasible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Excited for Monday though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krótkie podsumowanie o artystach dostępnych bądź nie w terminie Open’era, bo wiem ze większość z Was wybiera się na ta imprezę. Czego można się spodziewać w poniedziałek, ewentualnie w późniejszych ogłoszeniach? kto dostępny, a kto nie?
1 - Ci co graja gdzieś w tygodniu Openera
ROYAL BLOOD - Werchter 30/6, Garorock 2/7
TRAVIS SCOTT - Bravalla 30/6
GEORGE EZRA - Open Air St.Gallen
MØ - Garorock 30/6
LORDE - Werchter 29/6, Roskilde
RAG’N’BONE - Roskilde
THE KILLS - Werchter 2/7
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - Roskilde
WARPAINT - Roskilde 28/6, Vida Festival 1/7
ALT-J - Wlochy 28/6, St.Gallen 29/6, Werchter 2/7
PHOENIX - Vida 29/6, Garorock 30/6
BIFFY CLYRO - St.Gallen, Main Square 30/6
M.I.A - Garorock 1/7
FLEET FOXES - Vida 1/7
PLACEBO - Rumunia 28/6, Grecja 1/7
LONDON GRAMMAR - Garorock 1/7
MAJOR LAZER - Main Square 1/7
DIE ANTWOORD - Provinssirock 29/6. Bravalla 30/6, Garorock 1/7
 
2 - Trasa (jak na razie) rusza po Opku
  • TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB - brak koncertu w Polsce podczas wiosennej trasy, jest szansa
  • THE KOOKS - jak na razie tylko występ na festiwalu w Szkocji 8/7
  • WOLF ALICE - jak na razie tylko Madryt 6/7
  • PIXIES - pierwszy koncert w Londynie 6/7
  • LIAM GALLAGHER - Serbia, Szkocja w pierwszym tygodniu lipca
  • IGGY POP - 3 koncerty we Francji na 3 festiwalach (7-10 lipca) i nic więcej jak na razie
 
3 - Inni
  • MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - koncerty na początku czerwca, a potem dopiero polowa lipca
  • CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN - wiosna i sierpień w USA, 8 czerwiec Anglia, 8 lipiec Szkocja
  • FRANK OCEAN - pierwsza polowa czerwca - Primavera, Dania, Manchester, a potem dopiero polowa lipca i Londyn
  • EDITORS - duzo w czerwcu, a następna data to 8 lipca we Francji
  • LADY GAGA - w poniedziałek ogłasza trasę światową, nie mam pojęcia jakie terminy, jakie eventy, ale kto wie?
 
4 - 0.01 % szans
  • KASABIAN, THE KILLERS, ARCADE FIRE - miejsca headlinerow zajęte
  • FRANZ FERDINAND - na dobre ruszają w trasę pod koniec lipca
  • THE LUMINEERS - 29/6 USA, 1/7 Roskilde
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Can anyone advise on getting to the festival site from sopot?

As I understand it is quite easy to get to gdynia from sopot and then take the shuttels to the site. However, Is it easy to get back late at night? How late do the trains to sopot from Gdynia run? Is it possible/easy to find a taxi to sopot late at night? Is it a long taxi ride from gdynia to sopot? How much should it cost?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purpleyoda said:

Hi,

Can anyone advise on getting to the festival site from sopot?

As I understand it is quite easy to get to gdynia from sopot and then take the shuttels to the site. However, Is it easy to get back late at night? How late do the trains to sopot from Gdynia run? Is it possible/easy to find a taxi to sopot late at night? Is it a long taxi ride from gdynia to sopot? How much should it cost?

Thank you!

The Skm train goes from Gdynia train station to sopot. I think on the friday and saturday it runs all night. It is easy to get a taxi at the train station, They are not that expensive. I would guess maybe 15-20 min ride to sopot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blurmayer said:

The Skm train goes from Gdynia train station to sopot. I think on the friday and saturday it runs all night. It is easy to get a taxi at the train station, They are not that expensive. I would guess maybe 15-20 min ride to sopot.

Do you know if it's possible to get back to Gdansk after the bands finish? Or will it have to be a taxi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Do you know if it's possible to get back to Gdansk after the bands finish? Or will it have to be a taxi?

Yes. That was no problem last year. I took the train back every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blurmayer said:

 

The kills

I think the kills won't come they were supposed to be last years headliners for off festival in Katowice but they canceled. It would be too rude to change festivals next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+ Michael Kiwanuka and George Ezra :) Finally some good announcements.

Edited by mln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...