Open'er festival 2017

pete76

7 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

How about Royal Blood after Radiohead? 

That would be fun, but last year the late acts were Tame Impala, M83, Sigur Ros and Kygo, and I think JB is closest to them. But who knows.

Main stage is almost full now, 1 act on Thurs and 2 acts on Saturday to come I guess. Not sure which stage Ezra is on yet, he might free up a slot if he's in a tent.

Edited by gregory

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

Main stage is almost full now, 1 act on Thurs and 2 acts on Saturday to come I guess. Not sure which stage Ezra is on yet, he might free up a slot if he's in a tent.

I know you've been doing your research and I'm quite lazy, if you don't mind, could you post the tentative Main Stage schedule for all four days, so far? :D:D Thanks buddy 

Just now, Notorious J.O.E. said:

I know you've been doing your research and I'm quite lazy, if you don't mind, could you post the tentative Main Stage schedule for all four days, so far? :D:D Thanks buddy 

http:///s/openerfestival2017/ I think this is fairly reliable. Made by a Polish festival website. 

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

That would be fun, but last year the late acts were Tame Impala, M83, Sigur Ros and Kygo, and I think JB is closest to them. But who knows.

Main stage is almost full now, 1 act on Thurs and 2 acts on Saturday to come I guess. 

I'm holding out for some really decent Alter and Tent artists. Last year they had the likes of Mac Demarco, Grimes, Savages and PJ Harvey. 

42 minutes ago, gregory said:

This is the weekend before Open'er, in Canada

16864224_1117705211684947_71921318764763

Good to see QOTSA will be on the road, could they play above The xx? [dreams] I'd also take Iggy, RBF and ATDI. 

QOTSA, Iggy Pop, Eagles of Death Metal.. Josh Homme galore! Mate, I am salivating at the prospect of QOTSA on Saturday!

Tons of bands just announced for Down The Rabbit Hole, a festival in Holland a few days before Open'er

FJM played in 2015, is it too soon for him to return? Not too fussed about the rest. 

I would love to see QOTSA and Iggy Pop on Open'er, but honestly, I think it's almost impossible. There is this small version of poster where all headliners are included, and I think that both QOTSA and Iggy would get a headliner status. I just can't immagine Iggy or Josh playing after or before The XX or The Weeknd :D. St Paul and Broken Bones just announced at Colours of Ostrawa, I hope that Open'er will get them as well.

10 hours ago, gregory said:

I think it's very unlikely, but not impossible, & until yesterday QOTSA's live comeback started in August, and as of now it starts a week before Open'er. I'll enjoy the new album if nothing else..

It would be amazing and I think there is a chance. They did it in 2013 and headlined and if anything they probably have gotten smaller since then. Open'er are known to go big at times. Even looking at last year where Sigur Ros and LCD co-headlined. And in a really strange way I think I thought could work as a co-headline. 

19 minutes ago, gregory said:

I'd take that. Looking forward to the FF live-stream tonight from Frome, wonder if they'll play any new stuff...

I think they'll be playing a hit packed set with a few rarities thrown in for good measure and special occasion playing a very small show like when they did the holy shits small gigs. I have a half day today and I am meant to be watching Sum 41 today however I live an hour away from Frome so I am tempted to go down their instead. Only issue is that the Sum 41 gig was a Christmas present so a difficult one to get out of.

You're seeing Foo's 4 (?) times this summer, so enjoy your Christmas present I say :) Doesn't sound like anyone without a ticket is getting anywhere near tonight anyway. 

(To get slightly back on topic), I wonder how long they'll get at Open'er, 2 hour set? 

Edited by gregory