Open'er festival 2017

pete76

Royal Blood have just announced that they're playing NOS Alive in Portugal, which is a week after Open'er. A lot of the Open'er lineup play at NOS as well, including the Foos, The Weeknd, The XX etc. Which of their other acts like Alt-J, Phoenix, Ryan Adams, Cage the Elephant, Imagine Dragons and Depeche Mode (tall order surely) could make it to Open'er do u think? 

Really hoping Father John Misty, Soulwax, Whitney, Future Islands would be good ads from Roskilde/Rock Wertcher. I think we're more likely to get bands from those festivals than NOS or Mad Cool etc. 

Their strategy is bizarre, I agree @LiamMcMillen. Only 17 bands announced so far and it's March. 94 announced for Roskilde. 

Edited by gregory

19 minutes ago, gregory said:

Really hoping Father John Misty, Soulwax, Whitney, Future Islands would be good ads from Roskilde/Rock Wertcher. I think we're more likely to get bands from those festivals than NOS or Mad Cool etc. 

Their strategy is bizarre, I agree @LiamMcMillen. Only 17 bands announced so far and it's March. 94 announced for Roskilde. 

Waiting this long always ends up in announcements being anti-climactic because either they've all been announced for other festivals or they're just not what you were hoping on. Hopefully we get a BIG announcement soon. 

• Upvote 1

I really hope the saturday gets a bit more spectacular.

Fingers crossed we might see Jamiroquai at Opener festival. He's touring during Opener festival and up to now no polish gigs are announced.

Qotsa would be awesome, but I don't think it will happen.

With the current bands announced the line up is already fine (especially Foos and Radiohead). Nethertheless I hope for more popular acts from the Rock/Indie genre.

2 hours ago, Lateralus said:

I'm so impatient! Only 1 act announced in the last month...

I'm feeling you. There's got to be a HUGE announcement soon, surely? We can rule out Prodigy and Wolfmother as they've just been announced for another Polish festival. And Eddie Vedder has announced a tour which finishes just before Open'er. 

Edited by LiamMcMillen

6 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'm feeling you. There's got to be a HUGE announcement soon, surely? We can rule out Prodigy and Wolfmother as they've just been announced for another Polish festival. And Eddie Vedder has announced a tour which finishes just before Open'er. 

You can also rule out Alt-J and Ellie Goulding, playing festival in Poland in august

7 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Announcement tomorrow from 12-3 from what I can make out. 

Quite strange it's a 3 hour long announcement. Means they'll either drop a name an hour, every 30 mins, or something else..?

Hoping we get a bunch of (good) acts today, Thurs and Saturday need a boost.

So, here's some available acts/bands that'd make a great/ok/bad announcement today, IMO; 

• great: Fleet Foxes, Frank Ocean, ATCQ, Anderson .Paak, Editors, Father John Misty, Chance The Rapper, Soulwax, Whitney, Brian Wilson, Gorillaz, Sampha, Ellie Goulding, Metronomy, Wild Beasts
  • ok: Jimmy Eat World, Halsey, Future Islands, TDCC, Phoenix, Lorde, Glass Animals
  • bad: Lumineers, Rag n Bone Man, Travis Scott, Birdy, Passenger, Imagine Dragons, Die Antwoord, Stormzy, Milky Chance, Frank Turner, Mando Diao

Will be interesting to check back in 8 hours and see how many end up playing (if any, haha). Who're you folks hoping for?

2 hours ago, gregory said:

So, here's some available acts/bands that'd make a great/ok/bad announcement today, IMO; 

• great: Fleet Foxes, Frank Ocean, ATCQ, Anderson .Paak, Editors, Father John Misty, Chance The Rapper, Soulwax, Whitney, Brian Wilson, Gorillaz, Sampha, Ellie Goulding, Metronomy, Wild Beasts
  • ok: Jimmy Eat World, Halsey, Future Islands, TDCC, Phoenix, Lorde, Glass Animals
  • bad: Lumineers, Rag n Bone Man, Travis Scott, Birdy, Passenger, Imagine Dragons, Die Antwoord, Stormzy, Milky Chance, Frank Turner, Mando Diao

Will be interesting to check back in 8 hours and see how many end up playing (if any, haha). Who're you folks hoping for?

forget about Ellie, Gorillaz, Brian Wilson, Imagine Dragons, Antwoord. I think there gonna be few tent acts and few polish ones. There's only one act missing one main stage on wednesday, thursday & saturday. 

1 hour ago, pete76 said:

forget about Ellie, Gorillaz, Brian Wilson, Imagine Dragons, Antwoord. I think there gonna be few tent acts and few polish ones. There's only one act missing one main stage on wednesday, thursday & saturday. 

Saturday is missing 2 or 3 depending on where they put George Ezra. In 2015 there were 22 main stage acts, so we could have even more to come. But who knows. 

2015 was an exceptional year when it comes to the Main Stage and foreign acts with 5 and sometimes even 6 playing each day. That wasn't repeated in 2016 and it won't be this year, there will be probably one Polish act and 3, or maximum 4, foreign acts each day on the Main Stage. As pete76 wrote, these acts are impossible (Ellie just announced on Kraków Live Festival), and I think there's still a chance for Jamiroquai, e.g. as a co-headliner with The XX, which would make this day much more better.

11 minutes ago, mln said:

...make this day much more better.

Yes, make this day much more better please. In all honesty, none of the recent announcements have made me feel that way (with the exception of Royal Blood amongst other acts announced that day that I'm not too buzzed about). 

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed though

2 minutes ago, HannahKirby said:

I think the 12-15 meant 12:15, as in quarter past the hour, not a 3 hour long annoucement. still holding out for frank ocean I would be over the moon!

The Facebook post had an English translation accompanying the Polish quote, and it did say "Thursday! From 12pm-3pm"