Open'er festival 2017

pete76

2 hours ago, Gruefyx said:

Anyone who's been alert since the first announcement know how often they get announced? I'm aware that they are named individually, but how frequent? 

That's the greatest mystery of Open'er. No one knows when, how and who will be announced ;) More seriously though, I think that we can expect at least 1 announcement per week. But as I said, the announcements are really irregular, sometimes they give several names during one week and then 0 during the whole month.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mln said:

That's the greatest mystery of Open'er. No one knows when, how and who will be announced ;) More seriously though, I think that we can expect at least 1 announcement per week. But as I said, the announcements are really irregular, sometimes they give several names during one week and then 0 during the whole month.

Well from now on I'm going to check everyday for announcements! To spice up the wait, do you have any artists that you would love to see, regardless of if they're touring or been announced at other festivals? Or any acts you think are obvious bookings but they're just holding out to say?

I think Alt-J are a definite booking, probably Blossoms aswell. A plausible long shot for acts I'd love to see there are seasick Steve and Royksopp.

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

Acts I'm hoping for (that are touring and feasible); Justice, Fleet Foxes, Wild Beasts, Biffy Clyro, Franz Ferdinand, Soulwax, Whitney, FJM, Glen Hansard, Royal Blood

Apart from Justice (they are playing Orange Warsaw Festival in June) all the other acts are possible and I'm also hoping for Royal Blood, Fleet Foxes and Soulwax and I would add Phoenix, Jamiroquai, The Kills and Benjamin Clementine, maybe Pixies. I would really love to see Iggy Pop, Gregory Porter and A Tribe Called Quest but since there are only few announcements from them I think it is not very probable.

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Kings of Leon added to Warsaw.

Yep. I thought they could be a really strong co-headline with The xx but that was only wishful thinking. I was hoping for more names too, to rule some out for Open'er but oh well. I see Roskilde are announcing lots of names tomorrow, surely another announcement this week?

Just now, LiamMcMillen said:

Yep. I thought they could be a really strong co-headline with The xx but that was only wishful thinking. I was hoping for more names too, to rule some out for Open'er but oh well. I see Roskilde are announcing lots of names tomorrow, surely another announcement this week?

Hope so my friend.

Still hoping The Killers might be up there with the XX, or Arcade Fire (who I noticed Open'er follow on Twitter) 

• Downvote 2

I know it probably means nothing, but twitter followers are normally shown in order added, so the fact AF (and St V) were liked between FF, Weeknd, James Blake, G-Eazy, Prophets is kind of weird. 

image.png

I believe both acts are free, but as the xx are being referred to as 'headlining' I think we should presume the co-headliner, if there is one, is probably the same size or smaller as the xx . But it's nice to dream...

Edited by gregory
  • Downvote 1

Some time ago Jeremy Gara played a concert with his band in Warsaw and when asked by one of the fans about future plans with AF and their alleged gig at Open'er, he answered that initially there were some plans about their appearance in Gdynia but it didn't work out and they're thinking about playing some regular show. And what's more, I think that the only possibility for AF at Open'er was that they would be playing on Wednesday at Roskilde and now we know that the weeknd is playing there on that day, so...

1 hour ago, jacjens said:

Is it just me or is there no thread here for Roskilde Festival?

nope, which is a bit weird, after all it is the biggest and most famous european festival outside UK. I started some thread few years ago, but there were no answers, so never done it again. Roskilde looks pretty good this year, but having competition from Tinderbox, Copenhell & NorthSIde means glory days of 90's will never be repeated

1 minute ago, pete76 said:

nope, which is a bit weird, after all it is the biggest and most famous european festival outside UK. I started some thread few years ago, but there were no answers, so never done it again. Roskilde looks pretty good this year, but having competition from Tinderbox, Copenhell & NorthSIde means glory days of 90's will never be repeated

Well, then we should give it a try again! :)

Yes, the supply of festivals here in Denmark is mega given our size.

Roskilde (130,000), Tinderbox (40,000), Northside (30,000) and Copenhell (20,000) in three weeks. Additionally Skanderborg (50,000) in the start of August and Jelling (30,000) end of May.