Open'er festival 2017

pete76

Open’er shuffle buses are the fastest and the most convenient way to get to the festival site. Free shuffle buses leave every few minutes from Gdynia Główna train station to Gdynia-Kosakowo airport. You can travel by Opener Festival line after presenting the ticket to the festival or a festival wristband. If you want to avoid traffic – travel by festival buses.

http://opener.pl/en/News/Travel-by-festival-buses

I know you're asking about Gdansk but maybe this is useful for you/others, it's not obvious on their website.

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I know you're asking about Gdansk but maybe this is useful for you/others, it's not obvious on their website.

To get from Gdańsk to the Gdynia Główna train station you need to take a SKM train and a journey takes like 20 minutes. So when booking a hotel, check whether it is close to any SKM station.

25 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Lots of announcements today. Can we expect a big one this week? I've got a feeling Arcade Fire is slipping further and further away... Anyone fancy any of the acts from PS at Open'er? 

Arcade Fire, Lumineers, Warpaint, Justice been added to Roskilde. All of them might be announce for Open'er.  

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

Got a feeling the might announce Arcade Fire this week / today, as they've just been confirmed for Prima and Roskilde. Not sure who the 4th will be? Killers / Frank Ocean / Bon Iver / Strokes?

Kings of Leon should be next announcement. If AF play Roskilde friday or saturday, they won't be at Opener

5 hours ago, gregory said:

What makes you think that?

AF playing Werchter on thursday. if they play Roskilde on friday, they would have to be in Poland on saturday which means playing 3 nights in a row, or the other way Open'er on friday, Roskilde on saturday, If they are in Denmark on wednesday, they might headline Open'er on saturday. 

26 minutes ago, pete76 said:

AF playing Werchter on thursday. if they play Roskilde on friday, they would have to be in Poland on saturday which means playing 3 nights in a row, or the other way Open'er on friday, Roskilde on saturday, If they are in Denmark on wednesday, they might headline Open'er on saturday. 

FF are playing Roskilde on Friday, so i think we may assume AF will play either Wednesday or Saturday. I think only the first option makes it possible that they will play Open'er as well.

33 minutes ago, gregory said:

Muse are about to be announced for Reading/Leeds, they haven't been to Open'er in 10 years... & they love RATM... Friday night headliner after Prophets? (wishes away)

Reading is taking place 2 months after Open'er. Muse played in Poland last year, played this year, so they won't be there for sure. Last year they had a pop artist closing festival (Pharrell), might happen again with Lady Gaga, Major Lazer or Frank Ocean

2 hours ago, pete76 said:

Reading is taking place 2 months after Open'er. Muse played in Poland last year, played this year, so they won't be there for sure. Last year they had a pop artist closing festival (Pharrell), might happen again with Lady Gaga, Major Lazer or Frank Ocean

No, there's no chance for acts like Lady Gaga at Open'er. I know Rihanna was playing in 2013, but it was a day after Open'er, not during the festival itself. Frank Ocean is very possible to play at Orange Festival in Warsaw (also organised by Alter Art) as he was just announced for Primavera which is the same week. Major Lazer are not big enough to be headliner in my opinion and they were playing Open'er in 2015 (after The Libertines, and ML weren't even announced as co-headliners). I think we will get Kings of Leon on Friday and Arcade Fire on Saturday (or somebody who has not yet announced any dates for 2017).

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Arcade Fire are playing Roskilde on the 24th June. Still in with a chance of getting them at Open'er. Happy Days!

so, are they going to play before festival in Roskilde starts? Concerts are taking place 28/6 - 1/7. First four days 24-27/6 is like a warm-up party, only live music are by local, mostly unsigned bands. i know that AF put date 24/6 on their fb which is very unlikely, it is just a date when party begins in Roskilde

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, pete76 said:

so, are they going to play before festival in Roskilde starts? Concerts are taking place 28/6 - 1/7. First four days 24-27/6 is like a warm-up party, only live music are by local, mostly unsigned bands. i know that AF put date 24/6 on their fb which is very unlikely, it is just a date when party begins in Roskilde

There is 100% no chance they play before 28/6.

Hello! New user here and just signed up for the forum after getting my tickets to Open'er 2017. Very excited! Will be coming from Malaysia with a couple of friends. My only festival experience abroad was Reading 2014, so I'm looking forward to this one as it has Radiohead and Foo Fighters! 

I've been reading some old posts here and from what I gathered, only bringing alcohol from outside is forbidden at the campsite, but you can have beer that is sold within the campsite area. Can someone correct me on this? 

Cheers! 

5 hours ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Hello! New user here and just signed up for the forum after getting my tickets to Open'er 2017. Very excited! Will be coming from Malaysia with a couple of friends. My only festival experience abroad was Reading 2014, so I'm looking forward to this one as it has Radiohead and Foo Fighters! 

I've been reading some old posts here and from what I gathered, only bringing alcohol from outside is forbidden at the campsite, but you can have beer that is sold within the campsite area. Can someone correct me on this? 

Cheers! 

you can bring your own beer that you bought outside the campsite but this must be the same brand that they sell at the camspite (e.g. Heineken).

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2016 at 10:10 PM, mln said:

you can bring your own beer that you bought outside the campsite but this must be the same brand that they sell at the camspite (e.g. Heineken).

Thanks for that bit of info! Initially thought that alcohol was totally forbidden on campsites, but it's not the case then. Great relief!