The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Happy New Year to all!

Haven't been on here in quite a while and haven't done anything with the groups. If anyone wishes to help with the grouping I can give you access to the sheet. Someone did mention they did this in the past?

Also, looks like my two tickets are going to be back in the resale pot :( My wife was unable to get the time off, she got screwed over by a crap request system. Its the first time in years she has requested time off in the summer months, every other year is around September, when its quieter. But because she wasn't working the day the holiday requests were to go in, those that were in early got their names down first.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Happy New Year to all!

Haven't been on here in quite a while and haven't done anything with the groups. If anyone wishes to help with the grouping I can give you access to the sheet. Someone did mention they did this in the past?

Also, looks like my two tickets are going to be back in the resale pot :( My wife was unable to get the time off, she got screwed over by a crap request system. Its the first time in years she has requested time off in the summer months, every other year is around September, when its quieter. But because she wasn't working the day the holiday requests were to go in, those that were in early got their names down first.

that fucking sucks mate. Maybe your wife can beg HR to sort her the time off?

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

that fucking sucks mate. Maybe your wife can beg HR to sort her the time off?

Dont thinkso, shes asked a few of those who have the dates booked off but they all say they have trips away booked etc. She was annoyed too when she heard that someone had phoned in the days they wanted even though they had all been told they would have to go in to request them off. Its a crap system. Shes a nurse and booking time off can be a pain at the best of times. But hopefully our tickets will find their way to you guys on here!

There would be hell to pay if my leave was refused ( I book it as soon as i return from the festival the previous year ) but this year my boss decided to play a fairly cruel joke on me and said no that there were too  many people already off ! ( I was quite angry !!) and busy working out ways to get the festival off including sickness and career breaks!! the next day the windup was revealed !! so will see you there in 2017 although even with a refusal I would have been there somehow !!

55 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Dont thinkso, shes asked a few of those who have the dates booked off but they all say they have trips away booked etc. She was annoyed too when she heard that someone had phoned in the days they wanted even though they had all been told they would have to go in to request them off. Its a crap system. Shes a nurse and booking time off can be a pain at the best of times. But hopefully our tickets will find their way to you guys on here!

thats a right shame mate, after all you did for us poor hopeless lot without tickets and all you deserve to be going! Shame your wife's firm aren't playing ball.

7 hours ago, chrismcb said:

Happy New Year to all!

That's harsh.  :(   Sounds like a really rubbish leave booking system.  (Always worth appealing in my experience.  You never know).

First time poster, long time lurker here. 
Have been going to Glasto four years straight now and unfortunately was unable to get tickets this year, so will be having a go again in April.

I've somehow managed to convince about 25 friends and family to assist in the process, so I'm guna have a few spare slots if I do somehow manage to get through. If there's anyone who is also aiming for tickets and wants to broaden their chances, send me a message and I'll add you to my list x

On 5 January 2017 at 0:13 PM, chrismcb said:

No! This can't happen. You must use those tickets.  You've worked so hard. You have over two months to think of something. Can your wife bargain with promising to work another time? (e.g. Christmas).   Surely there is time to book an agency nurse to cover? If you set up a gofundme page we could contribute and make a donation to charity in return?

Please don't give up yet.

On 05/01/2017 at 11:34 AM, chrismcb said:

Happy New Year to all!

That's awful Chris especially when you've put the effort in to help others. I could try help with the sheet but I do struggle with being completely computer illiterate. Hope she can sort something out with work. Could she offer them a bung to change? Everyone on the sheet could then donate a couple of quid for your efforts in setting it up and running it. 

Edited by Will999

On 05/01/2017 at 11:34 AM, chrismcb said:

Happy New Year to all!

Maybe she can swap with some one..... Nightmare otherwise.. 

Cheers for the messages guys. I dont think they get agency nurses in unless completely necessary, like if staff were out sick. Havent cancelled the tickets just yet in case one of those that have booked the same time period change their mind. Its unlikely but you never know!

1 hour ago, chrismcb said:

Cheers for the messages guys. I dont think they get agency nurses in unless completely necessary, like if staff were out sick. Havent cancelled the tickets just yet in case one of those that have booked the same time period change their mind. Its unlikely but you never know!

Sounds like a good plan, the cancellation deadline is May 5th, might as well hold out until then. 
Charm x

On 5-1-2017 at 0:34 PM, chrismcb said:

Happy New Year to all!

That's terrible chrismcb! Hope you still manage to find a way to go!

I don't have a lot of free time in the coming weeks, but if you need help with some small things I could give you hand. No experience with these kinda things though. Just send me a pm!

On 12/01/2017 at 8:20 PM, chrismcb said:

How much would it cost them to have an agency nurse to cover? May be a crazy suggestion, but if you carried on helping organise for the resale, everyone seeking a ticket contributes £2 each - or whatever - and effectively you pay to get her released??

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

How much would it cost them to have an agency nurse to cover? May be a crazy suggestion, but if you carried on helping organise for the resale, everyone seeking a ticket contributes £2 each - or whatever - and effectively you pay to get her released??

I'd be up for chipping some quiddage in if this can work, least I can do

Thanks very much for the offer everyone, you're too kind! :) But I couldn't be doing that, I doubt it would work over here. They like to complicate things :D

Regarding the sheet. All that's really left is to group people together for ticket day. If anyone has suggestions fire away. Otherwise I'll try and do some over the next few days