Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

One of the bands is being interviewed in Kerrang and judging by from the cover (which it wont let me upload for some reason but look on James McMahon twitter for it) it is probably either PTV or The Front Bottoms. Hoping for TFB but probably will be PTV in the end

I had a peek at James's twitter and didn't see the cover of this week's issue? Am i missing something aha

26 minutes ago, MikeyyFromVine said:

I had a peek at James's twitter and didn't see the cover of this week's issue? Am i missing something aha

Yeah it was from a few days ago. No idea if I've embedded this right or not but well see :P

https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/799676388374626304?s=09

Edit: well I didn't embedded it properly but you can still follow the link there

Edited by justanothername

17 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah it was from a few days ago. No idea if I've embedded this right or not but well see :P

https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/799676388374626304?s=09

Edit: well I didn't embedded it properly but you can still follow the link there

yeah that is looking most likely that the Slam Dunk act will be PTV, can't imagine any of those others being the so called sub-headliner

3 hours ago, MikeyyFromVine said:

yeah that is looking most likely that the Slam Dunk act will be PTV, can't imagine any of those others being the so called sub-headliner

They never said where the interviewed act would be playing, could be the opening band on the smallest stage or the headline act on the second stage but obviously presumably more likely to be a bigger act.

27 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

They never said where the interviewed act would be playing, could be the opening band on the smallest stage or the headline act on the second stage but obviously presumably more likely to be a bigger act.

True, I have found it great how the festival has evolved, Enter Shikari headlining this year and Panic! doing last year, I mean when Slam Dunk first started it was quite a Pop Punk orientated festival, then again it was a Fall Out Boy gig with many support acts as the story goes, but the variety of artists and bands that perform at the festival in the recent years has been great, it is a true alternative and rock festival.

11 hours ago, MikeyyFromVine said:

True, I have found it great how the festival has evolved, Enter Shikari headlining this year and Panic! doing last year, I mean when Slam Dunk first started it was quite a Pop Punk orientated festival, then again it was a Fall Out Boy gig with many support acts as the story goes, but the variety of artists and bands that perform at the festival in the recent years has been great, it is a true alternative and rock festival.

If PTV are a sun, I want to know why they have taken away what Slam Dunk is and just booked two bands that aren't Slam Dunk. Shikari isn't evolving the fest, it's just changing it. It's also kind of Shikari accepting they haven't grown for a few years and are touring beyond their limits.

8 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Have you ever listened to pierce the veil before? Hardly every time I die are they?

There isn't much as bad as Every time I die but no PTV are not, no reviews are Of Mice and Men. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

If PTV are a sun, I want to know why they have taken away what Slam Dunk is and just booked two bands that aren't Slam Dunk. Shikari isn't evolving the fest, it's just changing it. It's also kind of Shikari accepting they haven't grown for a few years and are touring beyond their limits.

There isn't much as bad as Every time I die but no PTV are not, no reviews are Of Mice and Men. 

PTV fit Slam Dunk just fine. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them unsuitable. 

Seriously underwhelming after the announcement of Enter Shikari's 10 year show of TTTS.
Cute is what we aim for is a plus for me but the rest are just meh!
And I'm sure Bowling for Soup did a 'farewell' tour a few years back and called it quits? Or did I imagine that? aha!

Expecting half of that to be the main stage.

Enter Shikari
------------- (Probably Simple Plan)
Don Broco
Bowling For Soup
Cute Is What We Aim For
-------------
-------------

LTJ and RBF to headline Ska together and WTK to either headline Pop Punk or be high up, not sure how big they are anymore.

Also Slam Dunk has confirmed WTK and CIWWAF are doing their debut albums in full.

19 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Expecting half of that to be the main stage.

Enter Shikari
------------- (Probably Simple Plan)
Don Broco
Bowling For Soup
Cute Is What We Aim For
-------------
-------------

LTJ and RBF to headline Ska together and WTK to either headline Pop Punk or be high up, not sure how big they are anymore.

Also Slam Dunk has confirmed WTK and CIWWAF are doing their debut albums in full.

LTJ might be worth it if they make the Pop Punk stage decent again. 

59 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

You didn't imagine it. Think they originally said they'd still do festivals but not their own shows though. Then they went and did that too.

Basically they didn't go anywhere.

Guessing this is in response to me asking about Bowling for Soup?
I honestly don't see why they bothered coming back tbf, aha!

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

LTJ might be worth it if they make the Pop Punk stage decent again. 

LTJ would definitely be on the Ska stage, I don't think Slam Dunk would really do crossovers on the lower stages
Tbf I wouldn't be surprised if Bowling for Soup were the pop punk stage headliners (as hugely underwhelming as that would also be). As a side note to this, but I could just be reading into it do much. The announcement says 'Bowling for Soup will be topping off one hell of a part' could that hint at them headlining a stage?
I'd be happy with that, don't need to worry about clashes with Shikari. Not that I can particularly think of anyone that could play and I would miss a second of Shikari's set!

Not sure who I could see headliner the pop punk stage, I feel like Good Charlotte or Simple Plan are in with a chance but might be too big and I'm sure they'd have announced either one of them with this announcement if that was the case to get ticket sales going.
I'd say Neck Deep but that'd be so predictable and they play shows so often.

Also praise the lord for Cute playing the same old blood rush in full!
My wishlist is slowly coming true!

Edited by jcarb