Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, chikahoui said:

Are security strict on tickets not being in your name? My mates got one in a friends name whos not going to festival

All tickets (x4) that I bought this year, for part of our group, only have my name on, so there's not bother/danger at all.  In past years, we've both bought/sold tickets, which have ended up having a different name on the ticket, to that of the end user, and there's never been any issues.  You'll be fine. 

41 minutes ago, andytommo said:

All tickets (x4) that I bought this year, for part of our group, only have my name on, so there's not bother/danger at all.  In past years, we've both bought/sold tickets, which have ended up having a different name on the ticket, to that of the end user, and there's never been any issues.  You'll be fine. 

Ideal cheers, just another question we have 4 days ticket that says includes 8 days camping but we are in a hotel in Oropesa, so do we just get ticket exchanged for a weekend wristband or a weekend with camping wristband and we could just walk straight into arena. This is our groups first time going and we were just wondering what the layout for that sort of thing was, sorry if worded poorly ive literally copy and pasted it from a message sent to me lol

Hi People!

After some help. Me and 5 friends going to Beni from UK. We are staying in Marina D'or apartments. 

Could anybody advise the best way to get to the apartments on arrival / back to the airport? We're coming on the Wednesday.(flying to/from Valencia)

We were thinking a train from Valencia to Benicassim and then a taxi from Benicassim to the apartments. We have paid for the shuttle bus but presume that this won't be running until the festival starts. The apartments are about 10km from the festival so not walking distance (on the first night with our luggage anyway haha)

Would also welcome any comments regarding staying in accommodation which is quite far out rather than camping and how reliable the shuttle bus is. 

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, NWOOKY said:

Hi People!

After some help. Me and 5 friends going to Beni from UK. We are staying in Marina D'or apartments. 

Could anybody advise the best way to get to the apartments on arrival / back to the airport? We're coming on the Wednesday.(flying to/from Valencia)

We were thinking a train from Valencia to Benicassim and then a taxi from Benicassim to the apartments. We have paid for the shuttle bus but presume that this won't be running until the festival starts. The apartments are about 10km from the festival so not walking distance (on the first night with our luggage anyway haha)

Would also welcome any comments regarding staying in accommodation which is quite far out rather than camping and how reliable the shuttle bus is. 

Thanks in advance!

Check if the train stops at oropesa (stop after beni) and get off there.

6 hours ago, chikahoui said:

Ideal cheers, just another question we have 4 days ticket that says includes 8 days camping but we are in a hotel in Oropesa, so do we just get ticket exchanged for a weekend wristband or a weekend with camping wristband and we could just walk straight into arena. This is our groups first time going and we were just wondering what the layout for that sort of thing was, sorry if worded poorly ive literally copy and pasted it from a message sent to me lol

Same ticket, same wristband, whether you're camping or not. Just take your paper ticket and ID with you on your first night at the festival, and get your wristband, which you'll keep on for the whole weekend, to get you open and out of the festival arena site.

5 hours ago, NWOOKY said:

Hi People!

Thanks in advance!

Get the train from Valencia all the way to Oropesa, which is the next stop after Benicassim. Then take cabs (or you can probably get a local bus) to Marina d'Or, which is a couple of miles away.

This is the first year that they've done shuttle buses to/from the festival each night, since I can remember, so I suppose there's no recent history on reliability, etc.... I have had friends who have stayed in Castellon over the years, and they've used a similar official shuttle, which seems to have worked OK for them. Have you seen any timetable yet?

Taxis coming back hom from the festival, over the past 5 years, have been a nightmare, especially between 2am-5am, with queues upwards of an hour, and with a big increase in attendees this year (the biggest crowd expected since 2011), I can see the taxi situation being worse this year, so you'll need those shuttles operating well, to get you back home each night.

Failing that, if you're partying all night at the festival, there's a regular local bus that leaves Benicassim town centre at 6.45am each morning, and takes about 10-15 min to get back to Oropesa, but at that time in the morning, taxis all the way to MdO might be easier to come by.

Even despite the trek in from MdO and extra hassle, I'm sure you'll enjoy getting back to a nice cool apartment, with drinks in the fridge, loo, shower, etc., as opposed to camping for 5 nights.  Good beach at MdO, and Oropesa is decent for a day or two.

Hope you all enjoy the festival. This year promises to be one of 'the' best ever for Benicassim, I reckon, due to the overall strength of the line up.

43 minutes ago, neilleeds88 said:

The last time I went was 2015 and they had the little reggae area in the campsite. Do they still have that and if not, is it replaced with anything?

They didn't have this last year, and I'm not aware there will be anything similar this year, especially as they enhanced the South Beach area last year, which proved a massive success.

5 minutes ago, andytommo said:

They didn't have this last year, and I'm not aware there will be anything similar this year, especially as they enhanced the South Beach area last year, which proved a massive success.

Ah cool, 2015 was South Beaches first year and was pretty small. They've made it bigger now then?

15 minutes ago, Beefy said:

What's the deal with South Beach stage? Is it in the arena or outside somewhere else? Is it mainly DJ's? Wasn't there when I last went

It's a zone in the main festival arena area, with a big stage for dance/electronic/house acts/bands/named DJ's, plus the motel area, which is more local/unnamed DJ's, in a themed area, with pool, motel, and last year was a banging party vibe each of the 4 nights.  The stage is in the same location as where the 2nd stage used to be in previous years, so at the top (mountain) end of the festival site.  The motel area is adjacent.

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

It's a zone in the main festival arena area, with a big stage for dance/electronic/house acts/bands/named DJ's, plus the motel area, which is more local/unnamed DJ's, in a themed area, with pool, motel, and last year was a banging party vibe each of the 4 nights.  The stage is in the same location as where the 2nd stage used to be in previous years, so at the top (mountain) end of the festival site.  The motel area is adjacent.

Nice one, is this where people mainly go at the back end of the night then?

Is there anywhere in town that opens late by the beach that people go to also or not?

1 minute ago, watpoae said:

Is there anywhere in town that opens late by the beach that people go to also or not?

Not really anything in town. It's a very small town and the usual population has an average age of about 50+. There's a few clubs that open the few nights before the festival but when the arena is open until 7am there is no need for clubs / bars to be open.

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

I have not been since 2015 either ,so if the South Beach stage is where the old 2nd stage used to be, then where have they moved the 2nd stage too? 

23 minutes ago, watpoae said:

No, this is actually a big part of the festival arena/site, which goes on until 6am/7am each night, then you head back to the campsite (or the beach!!!) to sleep.  No-one heads out after the festival finishes, as after 12 hours partying, most people just need to lie down for a bit.

15 minutes ago, oxford20 said:

I have not been since 2015 either ,so if the South Beach stage is where the old 2nd stage used to be, then where have they moved the 2nd stage too? 

This is where the 3rd stage used to be, which (from memory) in 2015 was that Red Bull Bus thing, which was a bit crappy.  There's now 3 x big stages (Main/Second/South Beach), plus a decent sized 4th stage (FIB Club) in a tent for newer Spanish bands, plus that's where the likes of decent UK indie bands like Dream Wife and Desperate Journalist are playing this year.  This FIB Club has bands until about 3am, then DJ's until 7am.  There's also the South Beach motel, outdoor area (+ pool) with DJ's playing all weekend, so this makes up the 5 main areas for music across the festival arena site. 

Might be reaching looking for answers here but does anyone have any info on the shuttle busses at all? We're a tad stuck on whether to spend a full 60 euros on the shuttle bus to marina d'or or just 15 euros on the buss pass - the website gives literally zero information on it, its even under the airport transfers section which led my friends to believe it wasnt actually to and from the festival.

How frequently do they come? Where in marina d'or does it stop (easy to get to from torre mar apartments)? Do they run 24/7? If they dont run overnight then i may as well just get the bus pass. 

Cheers, would just like a little more info before we all drop 60 euros on it :lol:

16 minutes ago, Twice said:

Might be reaching looking for answers here but does anyone have any info on the shuttle busses at all? We're a tad stuck on whether to spend a full 60 euros on the shuttle bus to marina d'or or just 15 euros on the buss pass - the website gives literally zero information on it, its even under the airport transfers section which led my friends to believe it wasnt actually to and from the festival.

How frequently do they come? Where in marina d'or does it stop (easy to get to from torre mar apartments)? Do they run 24/7? If they dont run overnight then i may as well just get the bus pass. 

Cheers, would just like a little more info before we all drop 60 euros on it :lol:

The €15 tickets only cover Benicassim, so Festival to Beach, Beach to VillaCamp, VillaCamp to Festival, so of no use if you're staying in Marina D'Or/Oropesa, therefore you'll need the €60 pass for the 4 days, which would be worth it, IF there are regular services, but like you, I've seen no timetables for this yet.  I'd expect them to run early evening to the festival, and them maybe hourly coming back, between 3am and 7am.  Hopefully, more info on these services will become available soon.  This isn't unlike FIB to be very late, with final details/info such as this - 'Manana'!!!

I'm arriving at the festival on the 12th July (Wednesday), I am fully aware that the campsite opens on the 10th and many people go for the full 7 days camping. My question is how busy does the availability in the campsite fill up and is there a realistic chance of being able to camp under shade if we arrive on Wednesday.

Cheers 

9 hours ago, Twice said:

I'm in the torre mar apartments as well, apparently the shuttle bus picks up from a bus stop 5 mins along the road. The times are every half hour between 6pm - 9pm and 3am - 6am. Well, as far as I'm aware.

11 hours ago, andytommo said:

The €15 tickets only cover Benicassim, so Festival to Beach, Beach to VillaCamp, VillaCamp to Festival, so of no use if you're staying in Marina D'Or/Oropesa, therefore you'll need the €60 pass for the 4 days, which would be worth it, IF there are regular services, but like you, I've seen no timetables for this yet.  I'd expect them to run early evening to the festival, and them maybe hourly coming back, between 3am and 7am.  Hopefully, more info on these services will become available soon.  This isn't unlike FIB to be very late, with final details/info such as this - 'Manana'!!!

2 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

I'm in the torre mar apartments as well, apparently the shuttle bus picks up from a bus stop 5 mins along the road. The times are every half hour between 6pm - 9pm and 3am - 6am. Well, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. I reckon I'll go for it.

for everyone asking about the shuttle bus... the information is here: http://danesp.com/fib/product/marina-dor-fib-shuttle-bus/ or here if you need the la Concha Beach shuttle: http://danesp.com/fib/product/la-concha-beach-fib-shuttle/

Return journey from the festival is every 30 mins between 2:30am - 6:00am (or whenever the bus is full)

1 hour ago, JohnMo85 said:

for everyone asking about the shuttle bus... the information is here: http://danesp.com/fib/product/marina-dor-fib-shuttle-bus/ or here if you need the la Concha Beach shuttle: http://danesp.com/fib/product/la-concha-beach-fib-shuttle/

Return journey from the festival is every 30 mins between 2:30am - 6:00am (or whenever the bus is full)

Oh brilliant, cheers mate, why couldn't they shove that link on the fib website :lol: