Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

So now that Beni '16 is out the way it's time to start looking forward to '17...

Early bird tickets are on sale now for €85 which is unbelievable value for 8 days camping and 4 days music. 

Tickets will be on sale until August 10th or the allocation of early bird ticket runs out, whichever happens sooner. After that they will probably go up to around €100 before hitting their highest point closer to the time which I estimate will be about €135.

Who are you hoping will play? I'm after Strokes, Gorillaz and Tame Impala more than anything else!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we've just decided to book ours for next year, I know it's only been a couple of years but we would love Prodigy again, my mate also wants Arctic Monkeys.

Some decent djs would be good, Todd Terje for example.

Now wondering where to stay next year, we stayed in a (basic) hotel in town this year, can't face camping! Any hotel/ apartment recommendations? 

Got my flights booked (me & my bro)  for next year with monarch - they were decent prices- debating whether to campfest, villacamp, shell out for benicassim hotel/apartment or go cheaper & stay in a nearby town. Been to other festivals V & Isle of Wight but first one abroad- any ideas/recommendations ?? 

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, IbizaPrincess said:

Well we've just decided to book ours for next year, I know it's only been a couple of years but we would love Prodigy again, my mate also wants Arctic Monkeys.

Some decent djs would be good, Todd Terje for example.

Now wondering where to stay next year, we stayed in a (basic) hotel in town this year, can't face camping! Any hotel/ apartment recommendations? 

Think its a bit early for Arctic Monkeys to be on the tour circuit as they haven't started recording a new album yet

On 31 July 2016 at 1:44 PM, Midd13ton said:

Got my flights booked (me & my bro)  for next year with monarch - they were decent prices- debating whether to campfest, villacamp, shell out for benicassim hotel/apartment or go cheaper & stay in a nearby town. Been to other festivals V & Isle of Wight but first one abroad- any ideas/recommendations ?? 

Hi, any chance you could link me to where you've got your flights from please?

thank you:D

We had a great time at the beach and festival site. We camped in Villacamp this year for the second time. We are late 20's and felt a bit too old for the camping now not because everyone else is a lot younger, but we've grown out of it I guess and can afford hotels. The heat and dust was a nightmare, you'd have a shower and then be dirty again within 5 minutes. 

Great festival though and I'd highly recommend to anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do love the vibe at Beni but think going this year will be a lot more reliant on the line-up for me, having got Glastonbury tickets again and looking at a couple of others too.

Have done it three times now and each time has been amazing but hoping for some 2011 or 2013 style bookings again...too much stuff like Jess Glynne floating around on the bill nowadays.

4 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Foo's mate , Daft Punk , Stone Roses and Radiohead , it's not a lot to ask for Shaun is it ?

Thought you may say the foo's...kings of leon just announced uk dates so will probably be doing festivals and they do owe beni one after 2009's storm

On 13/10/2016 at 8:15 AM, gedkelly said:

Foo's mate , Daft Punk , Stone Roses and Radiohead , it's not a lot to ask for Shaun is it ?

Well, it is. Take a look at this year's line up and expect something similar but bigger: a funny Thursday, a packed Saturday with the biggest name and a top notch Sunday. 

Expect Radiohead as the biggest one.

KoL were due to play on 2009 but had to cancel and skipped -thankfully- on 2013 so maybe this year they come back although I think they don't fit in this 'new era' of the fest.

I reckon this may be the hardest line up to predict. If one year ago someone wrote about Kendrick, Major Lazer and Skepta playing Benicassim I would have reported him as a troll so who knows. Anyway, I guess they'll announce the first name in a month with the second announcement with a couple of headliners towards Christmas.

Edited by Nesser

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

Well, it is. Take a look at this year's line up and expect something similar but bigger: a funny Thursday, a packed Saturday with the biggest name and a top notch Sunday. 

Expect Radiohead as the biggest one.

KoL were due to play on 2009 but had to cancel and skipped -thankfully- on 2013 so maybe this year they come back although I think they don't fit in this 'new era' of the fest.

I reckon this may be the hardest line up to predict. If one year ago someone wrote about Kendrick, Major Lazer and Skepta playing Benicassim I would have reported him as a troll so who knows. Anyway, I guess they'll announce the first name in a month with the second announcement with a couple of headliners towards Christmas.

Can you remember when announcements came last year ?

20th November: Major Lazer announced as headliner

18th December: Kendrick, Jamie xx, Mac Demarco and so.

Early February: Muse, Massive Attack, ChemBros and more.

Nevertheless, the first announcement for the 2015 edition came on late January with Blur in March so don't get your hopes up. As far as I know, they want to repeat and upgrade everything they did last year so I guess we'll have a bunch of names before Christmas.