Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

24 minutes ago, Gabi taft said:

Do you know if you can buy them at the festival for the shuttle busses going to operesa del mar?

I'm not certain you can, as the Oropesa buses aren't 'official' shuttle services run on behalf of the festival (like a Castellon shuttles and routes in and around Benicassim are), but by a separate local organisation - Danes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, gregory said:

Some stupid fucking clashes. Why put 3 bands on at exactly the same time, only for 15 mins of nothing following? Happens so often. 

Good time to get a beer and a kebab, in that 15 mins Gregory, especially if you're in the festival for 10+ hours each night.

47 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

hey guys, whats the best way to get to Barcelona on the Monday after the festival?

ideally something cheap and can book now.

thank you

Train, the 4pm departure cost me €17

Not long now and can't wait!

For me , apart from Foals and 2 many Dj's I am really struggling to find anything else i am looking forward to seeing on the friday......... If anyone can point me in the direction of an act that might be under the radar then let me know!

44 minutes ago, oxford20 said:

For me , apart from Foals and 2 many Dj's I am really struggling to find anything else i am looking forward to seeing on the friday......... If anyone can point me in the direction of an act that might be under the radar then let me know!

Blossoms, Sherlocks, Deadmau5

3 hours ago, neilleeds88 said:

Blossoms, Sherlocks, Deadmau5

Saw Blossoms supporting stone Roses couple of weeks back and thought they were alright.

Imo Deadmaus only done a couple of good tracks but maybe with his helmet and light show I might be proven wrong!

Will check out Sherlocks but assuming they sound similar to Blossoms etc..... Cheers for recommendations though! 

5 hours ago, oxford20 said:

I'm partial to a bit of James vincent mcmorrrow.

Also south beach pool party is good for killing time 

Heu, does anyone know any alternative to the shuttle bus to get BACK to operesa del mar from the festival early hours in the morning? Will public transport be running? How much will a taxi be? I don't fancy spending €60 on a shuttle bus service that has crap reviews! Thanks everyone 

1 hour ago, oxford20 said:

Saw Blossoms supporting stone Roses couple of weeks back and thought they were alright.

Imo Deadmaus only done a couple of good tracks but maybe with his helmet and light show I might be proven wrong!

Will check out Sherlocks but assuming they sound similar to Blossoms etc..... Cheers for recommendations though! 

Yeah, I'm the same with deadmau5 to be honest. Going more the show than the songs. Sherlock's are similar to he Courteeners if you like then

Guys I know that people have asked a few times about costs. And I have been looking through but Im still not sure. Myself and my girlfriend are going and we have about €1300/€1400 between us for the full 8 days. Should that be enough for food and drink? We have transport and all that kind of stuff already paid for so it is literally just for food, drink, waterpark etc. and even at that we will prob only drink on the nights of the festival. 

13 minutes ago, dylanii said:

Guys I know that people have asked a few times about costs. And I have been looking through but Im still not sure. Myself and my girlfriend are going and we have about €1300/€1400 between us for the full 8 days. Should that be enough for food and drink? We have transport and all that kind of stuff already paid for so it is literally just for food, drink, waterpark etc. and even at that we will prob only drink on the nights of the festival. 

Easily.

8 hours ago, oxford20 said:

Temples and Blossoms are my two favourite new guitar bands from this decade, so Friday looking great for me, other than there's a slight clash between them.

3 hours ago, Gabi taft said:

Heu, does anyone know any alternative to the shuttle bus to get BACK to operesa del mar from the festival early hours in the morning? Will public transport be running? How much will a taxi be? I don't fancy spending €60 on a shuttle bus service that has crap reviews! Thanks everyone 

Taxi shouldn't really be much more than about €12-€15, but you could have a 90 minute plus wait for one, between 2am-5am, based on recent years. There's a massive taxi queue, and you just wait your turn for them to come along. First public bus from Beni town to Oropesa is about 7.30am, so not ideal.  I'd still say shuttle bus could be your best option, but haven't seen any bad reports.

A long shot, but we're flying into Barcelona and getting the train from Sants to Beni. We've a few hours to between our flight landing and our train to Beni. 

Has anyone ever bought tents in Barcelona and brought them down to Beni? I've googled it and there are some camping shops near Sants but your paying €60 for the cheapest one and you don't need a waterproof/bear proof tent for a festival. 

A more general question, would they sell tents in Barcelona supermarkets? 

4 minutes ago, GuinnessSupper said:

A long shot, but we're flying into Barcelona and getting the train from Sants to Beni. We've a few hours to between our flight landing and our train to Beni. 

Has anyone ever bought tents in Barcelona and brought them down to Beni? I've googled it and there are some camping shops near Sants but your paying €60 for the cheapest one and you don't need a waterproof/bear proof tent for a festival. 

A more general question, would they sell tents in Barcelona supermarkets? 

Not a great deal of use but I met a friend who had spent a week in Barca at Benicassim in 2015. We had bought us both a pop up tent for about 40 euros each in Barcelona. Not sure where but they are available.