T minus & counting 2017

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/05/2017 at 10:35 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not trying to act the big bollocks, but I own a possibly important trademark to do with Area 51. Just saying. I bought it when I was drunk and stoned one evening, and it popped in to my head to see if the name and associated class had been taken. It hadn't. Can't recall exactly how much it cost me, but I do remember it was just shy of £300.

Meant to ask you Yog, what exactly is the trademark that you bought?

1 hour ago, Pear_Cider said:

Meant to ask you Yog, what exactly is the trademark that you bought?

The trademark is actually 'Area 51'. I own it to cover a certain class of goods. If I were to tell you the class then my name and address can be found, so don't really want to put it on a public forum. I should point out that I only own the UK trademark. The European trademark is owned by a certain Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc, although I wasn't aware of this prior to buying the UK trademark. 

I think that all the above means that Warner Bros can sell that class of goods in all European countries, but that I also can sell goods in that class within the UK. So, come on Warner Bros, come out with a blockbuster film called Area 51, and make me some money. I can't wait around forever you know! They may actually have come out with such a film, years ago - in which case, I've missed the boat somewhat. That said, it's still a cool name for the type of goods in that class. Maybe, one day, I'll get up off my arse, and go for it, without waiting for Warner Bros to carry me along.