West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

And a quick bite to eat and then toddle around to Stevie Wonder. Some day that, Slash, Dr John, Ray Davies, Toots and Stevie. 

2017's formula will see the order reversed - The First Lady of Motown* on the Pyramid then saunter round to WH for Sweet & Dandy.

*Albeit that's actually Claudette Rogers Robinson.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I honestly be surprised to see a 'one reggae act per year' unwritten rule holding sway in the event that both Toots and D-Mazzle are in the vicinity, available and within budget.

Yeah but in fairness I think 'vicinity' and 'available' at least could apply to a few potential WH headliners this year of a slightly more varied genre than reggae and ska which have a big crossover fan base.

I don't know, just going off past line ups it seems like a mix of genres at the top is more of a priority for WH than just getting the most well known acts possible.

2 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Wasn't there a rumour that The Jacksons could be one of the headliners?  They've got gigs the weekend before (Nocturne Live) and the weekend after (Love Supreme).

They're the ones that I'm hoping for.

Diana Ross, The Jacksons and Barry Gibb on the same day?

Mama Mia!

Is there some sort of info that I'm unaware of that makes Kraftwerk less likely than say, JK or the Jacksons or any other WH headliners mentioned? Maybe I'm just incredibly bias, but they seem like a blindingly obvious choice. Especially with them playing London just before the festival, and having sold out those multiple, and fairly substantial sized gigs in a matter of seconds.

Maybe too expensive to book for WH? Just wondering why they never crop up in people's predictions really.

18 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Is there some sort of info that I'm unaware of that makes Kraftwerk less likely than say, JK or the Jacksons or any other WH headliners mentioned? Maybe I'm just incredibly bias, but they seem like a blindingly obvious choice. Especially with them playing London just before the festival, and having sold out those multiple, and fairly substantial sized gigs in a matter of seconds.

Maybe too expensive to book for WH? Just wondering why they never crop up in people's predictions really.

I think the expense of the tickets to their own gig is the one thing that may prevent them from appearing, but like you I think they're a very obvious candidate and I'm fully expecting them to take the Sunday WH slot at this point.