GAME: One year in advance, predict headliners.

Matt42

This will be fun to look back on once we've actually got them.

Give your three guesses - with days

Whoever wins (or gets closest to the actual result) gets a free pint next year :D

My guess:

Friday: Radiohead

Saturday: Ed Sheeran

Sunday: Gorillaz

No editing allowed!

Edited by Matt42

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. Gorillaz? really? they weren't booked to headline Glastonbury in 2010 first time 'round and were only eventually booked as a last minute backup, and their show was infamously pretty shit. i doubt the festival would want them back and i doubt Damon's desperate to come back either, plus they're probably not even big enough at this point - Latitude headliner is my bet for where they end up

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

p.s. Gorillaz? really? they weren't booked to headline Glastonbury in 2010 first time 'round and were only eventually booked as a last minute backup, and their show was infamously pretty shit. i doubt the festival would want them back and i doubt Damon's desperate to come back either, plus they're probably not even big enough at this point - Latitude headliner is my bet for where they end up

I've got some good reasonings

New album - and according to Eavis two headliners in 2017 are 'returning'. I think that they might be given another chance, as this time they are being booked outright and not as a replacement. With a new album and a big comeback I think they could be seen as quite an exciting booking! 7 years on from their last slot, I think the whole reputation of their last performance has probably fizzled out

I am also not convinced by Foo Fighters, Stone Roses etc being the final headliner. I can't see it being Beyonce, if the Ed Sheeran info is to be believed, I think they'd give her the Saturday slot!

I think Gorillaz are an act much bigger than we give them credit for!

Just now, Matt42 said:

I've got some good reasonings

New album - and according to Eavis two headliners in 2017 are 'returning'. I think that they might be given another chance, as this time they are being booked outright and not as a replacement. With a new album and a big comeback I think they could be seen as quite an exciting booking! 7 years on from their last slot, I think the whole reputation of their last performance has probably fizzled out

I am also not convinced by Foo Fighters, Stone Roses etc being the final headliner. I can't see it being Beyonce, if the Ed Sheeran info is to be believed, I think they'd give her the Saturday slot!

I think Gorillaz are an act much bigger than we give them credit for!

good points, but i don't think their comeback is gonna be especially huge tbh (although i could be wrong and their comeback single could be an absolute stormer - that's a real possibility i guess). still don't see them ever being booked to headline though and i think they'd be much more at home headlining a smaller festival in front of an audience that gives a shit rather than a crowd that couldn't give two fucks (because even at their peak they weren't that huge of an act)

also using them to close the festival would be madness. i hate acts like Kasabian and Mumfords but at least the people who went to see them were belting out the tunes to finish off the fest. as we saw last time with Gorillaz, that ain't hapening

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

good points, but i don't think their comeback is gonna be especially huge tbh (although i could be wrong and their comeback single could be an absolute stormer - that's a real possibility i guess). still don't see them ever being booked to headline though and i think they'd be much more at home headlining a smaller festival in front of an audience that gives a shit rather than a crowd that couldn't give two fucks (because even at their peak they weren't that huge of an act)

also using them to close the festival would be madness. i hate acts like Kasabian and Mumfords but at least the people who went to see them were belting out the tunes to finish off the fest. as we saw last time with Gorillaz, that ain't hapening

Hmm good points, I'm just trying to think outside the box of Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, Stone Roses as it is never the trio we all think at the end of the previous fest! At least one of them will fall through (hopefully not Radiohead).

Plus my thinking as well is - following the prince issues emily seems to be booking headliners earlier

Unless i'm wrong, Radiohead, Ed and Gorillaz probably wouldn't be a difficult trio to sign up early on

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

thought this was gonna be for 2018, which would've been an actual challenge

for 2017?

Friday: Radiohead
Saturday: Ed Sheeran
Sunday: The Stone Roses

looking forward to that pint!

2 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, The Stone Roses.

Mine's a brothers.

i'm not sharing!