Future headliners

swede

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I remember there being a discussion on the forums a couple of years ago where I think we came to the unanimous decision that Boy Kill Boy were the worst indie band of all time.

But nah, everyone is being too hopeful about Catfish's demise. They're stupidly popular. I don't know how people are gonna move on from them but each night I pray.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

:lol: I remember there being a discussion on the forums a couple of years ago where I think we came to the unanimous decision that Boy Kill Boy were the worst band of all time.

But nah, everyone is being too hopeful about Catfish's demise. They're stupidly popular. I don't know how people are gonna move on from them but each night I pray.

The Kaiser Chiefs and The Fratellies were once more popular.

21 hours ago, swede said:

I doubt it too, but if they did, the guest route is the only way they could pull it off 

Then it would be Disclosure & friends which isn't really a Disclosure set totally. A dance act hasn't headlined it for a very good reason.

20 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

BEYONCE

There is nothing to put her there either.

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

They've reached their peak. The next album will see them end up on the indie landfill scrap heap a la The Enemy, The Pigeon Detectives and Boy Kill Boy. 

That peak where their 2nd album has took them onto a bigger scale than all of them ever were. People forgot about all of them after their 1st album where people lapped up the Catfish 2nd album....and have gone on to sell a tour very well from it. 

There is very much some indie landfill as you put it acts that are now huge. They will sub the Pyramid 100% off of their next album, they already climbed 3 places in one year on the same stage which is a rare position to get again probably because the JP is way too small.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Then it would be Disclosure & friends which isn't really a Disclosure set totally. A dance act hasn't headlined it for a very good reason.

There is nothing to put her there either.

That peak where their 2nd album has took them onto a bigger scale than all of them ever were. People forgot about all of them after their 1st album where people lapped up the Catfish 2nd album....and have gone on to sell a tour very well from it. 

There is very much some indie landfill as you put it acts that are now huge. They will sub the Pyramid 100% off of their next album, they already climbed 3 places in one year on the same stage which is a rare position to get again probably because the JP is way too small.

Catfish aren't gonna sub the Pyramid. Tons of acts have done arena tours (Ellie this year for example) and then gone on to play in lower positions. Sub R/L? Definitely. Glastonbury? I just cannot see it. Third down at best next time round - hopefully forgotten about as everybody moves on to a new thing soon after tha

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Catfish aren't gonna sub the Pyramid. Tons of acts have done arena tours (Ellie this year for example) and then gone on to play in lower positions. Sub R/L? Definitely. Glastonbury? I just cannot see it. Third down at best next time round - hopefully forgotten about as everybody moves on to a new thing soon after tha

I doubt it, they were 4th down equivalent this year and will only get much bigger. Ellie released a shit album last time, she is quitting music for a reason....she knows her peak has come and gone.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The Kooks subbed and they played "Jackie Big Tits" to tens of thousands.

They were very much like missionaries in that respect; many of those culturally isolated Glastonbury attendees may not have heard the good word were it not for The Kooks.

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Glass Animals are a future headliner mateys. At the very least an Other headliner.

Great band but they won't headline either stage, John Peel headliner at best one year. 

The festival looks for massive world wide acts to headline the pyramid now and road tests potential headliners in the sub slots. The closest I think we'll come to a smaller headliner now is Foals or The XX one year but they'll have huge headliners on the other two days incase they aren't well received.