Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i think it's getting a bit weaker. not to an unlistenable extent by any means, but he certainly can't hold a note or hit the falsetto like he used to. i think a good example of this is a lot of the videos of them playing Burn the Witch this year - a lot of the time he can't seem to get the 'burnnnn' to sound right and it sounds pretty shakey

You can't use Burn The Witch as an comparison point since it's not a song he's ever done live before. Incidentally, I did notice an improvement as the tour progressed.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It seems to ebb and flow. I remember seeing/hearing some shocking visited around the Kid A timeframe, but come In Rainbows he was nailing Nude live regularly.

Do you think it's actually deteriorating properly? He's never had perfect pitching, do you think it's getting noticeably worse?

It seems a lot flatter than, say, 10 years ago. He seems to hit the high notes OK, it's the mid range and lower notes that he seems to struggle with. It's definitely worse in general, although how much worse seems to differ from show to show/song to song. He also seems to put less gusto in certain songs - Paranoid Android being the biggest example.

I personally think Paranoid Android needs to be retired for that reason (or Ed should sing it :P ).  It can be quite painful sometimes.  I mean, he's still not in Ian Brown's league but, y'know.  That said, he's either put some work into vocal training or is just being less lazy cos he was sounding better this year across the board than on the TKOL tour.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I agree. Paranoid Android had its run and I wouldn't be disappointed if it goes away for a while. It's been played twice on the Pyramid - so we really need it again?

Yes, - yes we do. I want a "best of" set. 

Only seen Radiohead once (the 2012 tour) & they did play it, but I want to hear it again.

Standing tickets going on viagogo for manchester starting from £250 rising to over £400 PER TICKET. Just ridiculous. Why can't radiohead take legal action (against the websites) as they've very clearly prohibited the tickets from being sold on? Sorry to derail the convo!

Edited by TBD

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paranoid Android, Let Down and Karma Police from OK Computer thanks. i mean, there are obviously at least another five songs from that album that i'd love them to play, but those three are essential at Glastonbury

1. Let Down

2. Karma Police

3. Paranoid Android 

In order of essentiality for me.
But yes, these are absolutely the 3 from OK if that's what we're limited to.

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paranoid Android, Let Down and Karma Police from OK Computer thanks. i mean, there are obviously at least another five songs from that album that i'd love them to play, but those three are essential at Glastonbury

No Surprises too. 

They're enjoying No Surprises loads at the minute which they haven't for ages. Plus it's one the crowd will know as well - reckon it'll get an outing. 

3 they're most likely to play: Android, No Surprises, Karma Police. 

Tuna's dream three©: Airbag, Lucky, Exit Music 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

They're enjoying No Surprises loads at the minute which they haven't for ages. Plus it's one the crowd will know as well - reckon it'll get an outing. 

3 they're most likely to play: Android, No Surprises, Karma Police. 

Tuna's dream three©: Airbag, Lucky, Exit Music 

they're liking No Surprises a lot lately, but Let Down's been a set staple, AND WILL REMAIN SO. plus they've never played it at the Pyramid whereas the other three have all had two outings

i like No Surprises but there are tons of other songs i'd rather see them play. saw them do it at the Roundhouse and i must admit it didn't do all that for me live, although i'm sure it'd be ace at the Pyramid

I'm not sure that Thom Yorkie and the Radioheads will be that concerned about repeating music from 14 and 20 year old gigs. There's a whole new generation of festival goers there. They'll be concerned about it being a triumphant Pyramid slot. Adding to their legacy. 

Just now, Tuna said:

I'm not sure that Thom Yorkie and the Radioheads will be that concerned about repeating music from 14 and 20 year old gigs. There's a whole new generation of festival goers there. They'll be concerned about it being a triumphant Pyramid slot. Adding to their legacy. 

and what better way to add to their legacy than playing their best song on the Pyramid for the first time ;) 

but aye, i don't see No Surprises getting played myself. may have been a big single but they don't need to roll out every single they've released for it to be a great set. Creep inevitably being played will be enough to appease the kings of people wanting/expecting that