EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

6 hours after leaving the pub I have arrived at the campervan site. A mere 5 miles from my original position!!! 

Had a tour of the staff areas as we got sent to a different field to the rest of our party! 

Setting up up in the dark will be fun. Not.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we arrived earlier, luckily to be one of the first lots at 4:30pm when they opened, and have pitched up in E20, fairly smooth running to be fair. Have since left, arrived back home and will be back up with the Mrs & supplies on Thursday morning.

What I will say, and for anyone heading towards E19, the central trail is extremely boggy. Luckily I drive a 4x4 but still nearly came to a stand still on my way out so suggest keeping to either side of staked central track if you can.

Good luck to all others on their way in, Pilton & surrounding areas were seriously conjested towards the fest on my way out, it wasn't pretty.

See you all in a couple days! 

Hi all, 

my sat nav is obviously talking shite as I've been checking and it shows the traffic to be moving (slowly). Is it affecting camper van ticket holders and normal car parking ticket holders??. 

Not sure about setting off now don't fancy being stuck in the car with an angry wife and agitated kid. 

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Ronniebadger said:

Hi all, 

my sat nav is obviously talking shite as I've been checking and it shows the traffic to be moving (slowly). Is it affecting camper van ticket holders and normal car parking ticket holders??. 

Not sure about setting off now don't fancy being stuck in the car with an angry wife and agitated kid. 

Cheers

I think both - there's definitely a mixture of cars & campers on this stretch of road. I can't see this clearing before dawn at the earliest.

Any ideas for ladies loo options anyone? Don't fancy going in the bushes next to all this traffic.

1 minute ago, lazyred said:

Just entering e25 but not moving at the moment.  Well over an hour since we turned off a37.  No van sesrches or security check not even our festival tickets. 

I just think it is traffic volume. Can't see any reason once in.

Seems all very leisurely getting people in, despite the fact I was ready to ram everyone in front after three hrs.

I think the mistake was thinking a delay until 6pm was only 6 hrs from "normal". I'm further "in" than I was last year, yet I arrived 1130 then. I'd say it was Not a 6hr delay but more a 9 he delay, where the first peak arrival time is the 10 - 11 bracket. All those people being pushed back meant the tail backs.

4 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

How many? Jesus I can just get myself in one

I know right. I was like "dude it's way too early in the festival for this!" And walked on by! 

Apparently they had a long journey and it was their means of letting off steam. Some odd life choices, but I judge not. I may laugh but never judge! 

Just now, bekimo said:

I know right. I was like "dude it's way too early in the festival for this!" And walked on by! 

Apparently they had a long journey and it was their means of letting off steam. Some odd life choices, but I judge not. I may laugh but never judge! 

I get that but 3 in a portaloo. Were they children?

15 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Just entering e25 but not moving at the moment.  Well over an hour since we turned off a37.  No van sesrches or security check not even our festival tickets. 

Is the number lower the further away you are? I was in East 17 last year