The state of the ground

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bit where JP Tent used to be was always a nightmare though - it's always flooded quicker and stayed wetter, which is one reason why the tent has been moved up the hill.

Heavy, heavy vehicle traffic near that part of site too, so it shouldn't be taken as an indicator of the remainder of the site!

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

SE usually gets very muddy- with the recent flooding they are likely behind schedule. A few years ago (I think Arcadia in its old spot) didn't open on time.

Oh, well, he's playing at loads of other places throughout so I'll catch him somewhere, no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Just had confirmation from my daughter who is on-site that there's been no rain all day.

Conflicting messages. :unsure:

Don't suppose it could be raining on one part of the site but not another? I mean I know it's possible but likely?

5 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

That bit where JP Tent used to be was always a nightmare though - it's always flooded quicker and stayed wetter, which is one reason why the tent has been moved up the hill.

Heavy, heavy vehicle traffic near that part of site too, so it shouldn't be taken as an indicator of the remainder of the site!

It was the worst part of the site when it rained last year, I made the mistake of trying to walk back that way in cons when it was like an ice rink and I was three sheets to the wind.  Took me forever to get round that corner and up the hill, slipping sliding and flailing like a frightened seagul.

5 minutes ago, musky said:

Conflicting messages. :unsure:

Don't suppose it could be raining on one part of the site but not another? I mean I know it's possible but likely?

More than likely. In fact, it's just started raining where I am. Nothing major, just a few drops at the moment.

My daughter is going to try to check out the area around the old JP site.

Apparently someone has just been airlifted off site in an air ambulance.:(

Edited by Ommadawn

3 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

More than likely. In fact, it's just started raining where I am. Nothing major, just a few drops at the moment.

My daughter is going to try to check out the area around the old JP site.

Apparently someone has just been airlifted off site in an air ambulance.:(

:(

Hope it's nothing too serious. 

3 minutes ago, SirDaniel said:

Ground looking alright in the most recent post here. It looks like those chaps in the back aren't even wearing wellies!

Most traders have only just started arriving today though so they will be setting up in lesser used areas.

90% of the site accessible to the public will be fine right now, it's just whether the weather behaves or not now.

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Has anyone abandoned their plan of taking a trolley? 

I'm still taking mine. Should be fine, right? 

That's my current decision to be made, 2011 was a nightmare with a trolley, I'd rather take less shit and struggle less.  The ground either side of gate D was fucked, I expect the same this year, although wonder whether Gate A holds up better as it's on higher ground where D is in the dip of the valley.

Just now, Spindles said:

That's my current decision to be made, 2011 was a nightmare with a trolley, I'd rather take less shit and struggle less.  The ground either side of gate D was fucked, I expect the same this year, although wonder whether Gate A holds up better as it's on higher ground where D is in the dip of the valley.

2011 agate A was fine outside the fence, but as soon as you got through into the site proper it was pretty mocket.

10 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Has anyone abandoned their plan of taking a trolley? 

I'm still taking mine. Should be fine, right? 

If you have to tackle hill of death and snake around those fences with a trolley and it's all muddy you'll probably regret it

I'd judge it on the day.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

2011 agate A was fine outside the fence, but as soon as you got through into the site proper it was pretty mocket.

I think I was there about 12-1pm in 2011 and thought the ground in the queue was pretty churned up. :(