Sober Glasto?

Dannytc

Just curious, really sorry if this has been asked before.

But I am doing glasto completely sober. Not going to going into detail, but don't drink, smoke or any the rest (Bad past so keep them all on the no no list)

Is there many people that do the whole thing sober, or am I going to stand out like a mad man when Im still walking on two feet and the rest of you are all drunk moneys by the weekend?

Really really excited, just a little apprehensive about being at a festival sober and hopefully won't end up looking like the boring one!

You'll have a blast, no one will even notice - probably not even you! I do drink, fairly frequently, but rarely bother at Glasto. I've never felt it would be improved by alcohol, it's so much fun (and as my tolerance is pretty high I find it hard to get even tipsy there anyway due to the long days - or very very expensive! And I've never taken drugs in my life).

I've gone the whole festival with alcohol once in the past and I don't use anything strong than the herb.  I had a great time, I enjoy a few ciders through the day and some spirits at night but it wouldn't bother me to go without.

Plenty of folk of all ages and backgrounds will be sober, plenty of the same will be drunk as skunk or off their boxes.  If ever there was a place where what you chose to do doesn't matter, this is it. :)

Have a great time.

I've done both and honestly preferred it when I was drinking. Sometimes there's just a gap in proceedings where nothing is happening and it's nice to sit on the grass/in a bar soaking up the atmos with a pint. That said, I still had a great time when I went sober, and if it was a choice of going sober or not going... well there's no choice really?

Yeah, I had to stop drinking a few years ago so my last few have been sober. And not gonna lie, the drunk ones were more fun. But the sober ones are still brilliant. Probably helped by the fact that the group I go with now don't tend to get stupidly messy.  I do tend to call it a night earlier than them though

13 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, I had to stop drinking a few years ago so my last few have been sober. And not gonna lie, the drunk ones were more fun. But the sober ones are still brilliant. Probably helped by the fact that the group I go with now don't tend to get stupidly messy.  I do tend to call it a night earlier than them though

haha, thats my worry, about crashing early lol.

Everyone keeps saying the nights get great, but im thinking ill be waving the group off as i sneak off to be nice and early! Help me now! lol

The nice thing about Glastonbury is that there's pretty much 100s of people going about the festival in each of the possible different ways you could think to go about doing it. And has people have said, sober Glastonbury will be amazing, no questions there. Try and look for all the stuff that those not doing it sober might be missing out on, especially early morning stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

The nice thing about Glastonbury is that there's pretty much 100s of people going about the festival in each of the possible different ways you could think to go about doing it. And has people have said, sober Glastonbury will be amazing, no questions there. Try and look for all the stuff that those not doing it sober might be missing out on, especially early morning stuff. 

I was thinking about the mornings, will prob be quiter around on site im guessing and more to nosey at before everything kicks in!

Btw, thank you all, you've been great in calming my nerves

I did it sober completely,  a few years back.  Had an awesome time.  Was really amazing to experience the overwhelming "warmth"  of the place naturally.  I remember watching sasha in the glade,  on the Thursday night.  Reaching up,  then bass dropped.   Tears of joy streaming down my face, people hugging.   Awesome, such a natural high  x

2 years ago my friend jamie went sober because of an operation days after, he had the time of his life, im amazed he did not get annoyed with me, having to share a tent and i didnt hold back, in fact I had his allowance for the week!

Looking at home much he enjoyed it, its on my bucket list to do a sober one, think its a completely different experience and you see a whole lot more 

As weird as it sounds,  I spent the first two days just gobsmacked,  so overwhelmed by the whole place,  whilst sober.  You will be surprised how much more you notice and see whilst straight.  Enjoy

Funk x

My other half and I decided to go completely sober last year for various reasons and it was a really fantastic experience. I think you just have to get over the fear of missing out (which can happen a lot at Glastonbury!) and commit to doing the festival your way. No one is judging you and you'll really enjoy yourself once you let go of the fear of not doing it like everyone else (partly 'cos you realise there's literally no one way that everyone else is doing it!).