Football 16-17

kaosmark2

7 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

I'm not sure the problem would be in the grounds themselves, eventually the 8% would get over it even if there were.

Graeme Le Saux was still getting "he takes it up the arse" chants only 10 years ago. Everywhere. And he wasn't even gay.

On the pitch too. Remember Robbie Fowler pointing at his arse and calling him a queer? So I wouldn't be too confident. 

26F8B63D00000578-3010645-image-m-54_1427

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the big teams seem to have easy games tonight. 

Chelsea have Sunderland which even without Hazard should be a walk in the park, Spurs have Hull who will probably get walked all over, Liverpool have Boro and City have Watford. Should be easy points for all of them but I'm sure at least one will slip up. 

Edited by TheSilence

21 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

All the big teams seem to have easy games tonight. 

Chelsea have Sunderland which even without Hazard should be a walk in the park, Spurs have Hull who will probably get walked all over, Liverpool have Boro and City have Watford. Should be easy points for all of them but I'm sure at least one will slip up. 

Depending on which Watford and which Boro turn up those games might not be a walk over.

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Graeme Le Saux was still getting "he takes it up the arse" chants only 10 years ago. Everywhere. And he wasn't even gay.

On the pitch too. Remember Robbie Fowler pointing at his arse and calling him a queer? So I wouldn't be too confident. 

Yeah I spose, I always associate the Le Saux stuff with the 90s, you'd hope stuff had moved on from then but who knows. I mean societal attitudes generally have changed a bit since then.

Fingers crossed if the article Neil posted does come to fruition then the abuse is non-existent or minimal, and sorted out pretty quickly if it does exist.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

26F8B63D00000578-3010645-image-m-54_1427

What an absolute fucking disgrace Fowler was there. Gobshite.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Possibly, but who knows maybe in 20 years time the Chinese league will be the dominant league and this is just a step towards the process. I certainly wouldn't assume because football is as it is now, that's the way things will stay.

I'm sure people thought something similar when Lineker signed for Grampus8.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Possibly, but China do seem to be throwing money at multiple players and seem to be improving the standard they are bringing in. At the end of the day footballers will follow the money.

As much as money is the biggest factor, I do still think history and footballing culture still counts for something. For a country like China where football is not the national sport it is always going to be at disadvantage. Much like America, who have been throwing money at players for a lot longer than China (although I assume not quite as much), 'soccer' will never break through the monopoly of the big 4 American sports - because they are just that, American. Whereas soccer will always be seen as a foreign import.

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Possibly, but China do seem to be throwing money at multiple players and seem to be improving the standard they are bringing in. At the end of the day footballers will follow the money.

I can safely predict that China has no chance of becoming the pre-eminent club-football destination in the next 20 years. There'll be high profile outliers sure, like this Oscar deal.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Lineker was 32-33 when he went to Japan. Oscar is 25. Hes going purely for the money. 

Agreed. I always liked him as a player, and he definitely deserves to play more than he has at Chelsea over the past couple of years. He looks perfect for Serie A, but China it is.

Does anyone know if any of the Brazilians over there (there are quite a few now I think) are playing for their country?