Lesser known acts

Larraht

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kezia  Small World Stage 13:15-14:15 Someone on hear recommended her last year, really enjoyed simple early morning gig listening to her with my first cuppa for the day. She clashes with Gregory Porter though this year

Touretteshero and Captain Hotknives - Fantantasic double act girl with tourette's who has embraced her disability by creating random songs with Captain Hotknives by adjusting the song depending on what she barks(her words) out at appropriate and inappropriate times. Thoroughly random gig that will have you in fits,

The Apples

Ohhh The Apple my best gigs 5-6 years ago I bounced and sweated like "insert inappropriate reference". Filthy Funk & Scratch this is my Baz Luhrmann band everyone should see The Apples

She Drew the Gun

Interested not seen live before but quiet like the sound

Aurora

Again not seen live but sounds awesome.

Christine and the Queens.

Someone else in another thread recommended these guys. Musically and visually interesting.

That's my video vomit for the moment.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what Dub Pistols Soundsystem will be? Looking to fit Dub Pistols in but struggling. DJ set?

Ady Suleiman is on my longlist too.  And I've never been to the Pussy Parlure which is another good reason to see him.  But I'm torn between that and the Left Field at the same time - Billy Bragg, Lewis & Leigh, Will Varley, Emily Capel.  Lewis & Leigh and Will Varley were both previously unknown (to me) acts which I'd got on my list from Spotify (thanks again @Brave Sir Robin)

1 hour ago, Pbird81 said:

Ady Suleiman and Kiko Bun definitely seem worth checking out.

Ady Suleiman

So happy when he got added to the lineup! I saw him by accident at truck 2012(2011?) and have been following him and catching shows when i can since. So great to see him doing so well. 

18 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what Dub Pistols Soundsystem will be? Looking to fit Dub Pistols in but struggling. DJ set?

Barry Ashworth DJing, and Seanie T MCing I think. Mix of own material, and other bangers.

Seafret: Sunday - Avalon Stage – 16.50-17.50

Saw them in Leeds last night and they were absolutely incredible. Discovered them at William’s Green on the Thursday last year and can’t wait to see them at Glastonbury again

If you're a fan of synth pop, definitely check out Vaults on the Greenpeace Stage 20.45 Thursday. Been following them for a couple of years and their set at TITP last year was one of my highlights. You might recognise Cry No More if you watched the E4 drama Glue, it was the end credits song!

I have not seen one mention of the wonderful Sona Jobarteh on any of the threads. A kora player from The Gambia I think. She's performing at the Glade 14.30-15.30 on Sunday. She sings a bit too

Saw her at WOMAD last year and she was one of the top 3 performers of the whole weekend. If you have a gap in programme I do suggest checking her out if you're looking something bit different.

Edited by Digital Monkey (Womad)

On 1 June 2016 at 9:08 PM, FloorFiller said:

i doubt i'll be in any state for it either, but i'll be damned if that's gonna stop me being there. was gonna give it a miss for Anna Meredith over on West Holts, but after repeated listens of the album no way am i missing this. shame they're only getting half an hour

Yeah that was disappointing for me too, wish they were on a bit later with a longer slot. Still nothing gonna stop me making the early trek from Webbs Ash to The Park for this one though, they're one of my most anticipated acts this year.