Lineup 2018

Did any “ITK” types ever say Foos were playing? I always kinda felt like the Foos chat was just people putting two and two together. It would make sense if they’re on the bill, but it won’t completely shock me if they aren’t. 

I think it’s gonna be Kendrick, Florence (possibly coheadlining with another British act) and one of AM/Foos. 

Hiya, I’ve been following this thread for ages now but wanted to ask what people thought about the suggestion of Kendrick / Florence / AM? 

I went to BST in 2016, where Florence headlined and Kendrick subbed.. so I think booking the two isn’t unlikely but would reading mirror BST?

Also I’ve lost all hope for AM, but wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been booked last minute after trying to get them? 

Hope everyone’s happy tomorrow morning anyways! 

1 minute ago, Kerremy said:

Does anyone know how big we can expect this announcement to be? I was just wondering since by now we usually have had a December and January announcement so two headliners and a few more - would be hoping for the same again, if not all 3 headliners ideally of course!! 

Kendrick finishes being in the UK tomorrow so would probably expect him to be the first announcement. But as previously said, R1 tweeted that they’re announcing all “headliner info” and then in the video included “headliners announcement” , I don’t think anyone has a clue on what to expect tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

So much for AM at Tramlines..

My conspiracy theory, given a couple of rumours that the final headliner was only booked last week, is that Tramlines/R&L have been fighting to land AM as an English exclusive. R&L have won the battle and binned Foo Fighters, but they’ve been beaten by Bestival to land Royal Blood (possibly because they only offered RB coheadline, whereas Bestival make them outright headliners). Florence and Kendrick will both end up headlining outright, whereas the original plan was to have one of them coheadline with RB. Florence may be a bit of a late choice as well to be honest, I’m not sure she’s always been at the forefront of R&L’s minds for 2018 but given recent media attention to gender diversity of festival lineups they realise they needed a token woman, and perhaps tried to bring her in to coheadline with RB, and have lost RB as a result. 

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Kerremy said:

Does anyone know how big we can expect this announcement to be? I was just wondering since by now we usually have had a December and January announcement so two headliners and a few more - would be hoping for the same again, if not all 3 headliners ideally of course!! 

I'd expect us to get a poster like this tomorrow:

Reading-Festival-2017-line-up-poster.png

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

My conspiracy theory, given a couple of rumours that the final headliner was only booked last week, is that Tramlines/R&L have been fighting to land AM as an English exclusive. R&L have won the battle and binned Foo Fighters, but they’ve been beaten by Bestival to land Royal Blood (possibly because they only offered RB coheadline, whereas Bestival make them outright headliners). Florence and Kendrick will both end up headlining outright, whereas the original plan was to have one of them coheadline with RB. Florence may be a bit of a late choice as well to be honest, I’m not sure she’s always been at the forefront of R&L’s minds for 2018 but given recent media attention to gender diversity of festival lineups they realise they needed a token woman, and perhaps tried to bring her in to coheadline with RB, and have lost RB as a result. 

If they had Foos lined up they're not gonna bin them for someone else lol.

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

No festival is going to 'bin' foo fighters

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

My conspiracy theory, given a couple of rumours that the final headliner was only booked last week, is that Tramlines/R&L have been fighting to land AM as an English exclusive. 

Tramlines, a £30 a ticket festival, was never going to get Arctic Monkeys as a headliner. It may have some big-ish names, but nowhere near the size of AM who upon their return will be the hottest ticket in the UK.

And as others have said, they were never just gonna 'bin' Foo Fighters, one of Reading's house acts and big ticket sellers.

Just now, danz026 said:

I’m sure R&L read their own social media pages enough to know what the people want, and that is the Arctic Monkeys. 

Yeah but not a fucking chance they'd ditch Foo Fighters because people who are going to end up going to the festival anyway think they're getting AM???

3 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I’m sure R&L read their own social media pages enough to know what the people want, and that is the Arctic Monkeys. 

I'm also sure they know their audience well enough to be aware how much they want Arctic Monkeys before getting half way through booking their acts and realising they need to bin one of the biggest bands in the world to fit them in.

And even if they were somehow thick enough to not realise until then, they're not going to kick one of the biggest acts in the world, and one of the most reliable ticket sellers they can get, off the bill and ruin relations with them for future years.

Just now, danz026 said:

It’s a terrible analogy. It’s like Sunderland offering a player more money and making him the captain, and then beating Manchester Utd to him. A very plausible scenario. 

I had a full on paragraph response ready but this is a R&L thread and my whole paragraph was based on actual players and things that have happened in football so I'm just going to ignore this to prevent turning this into a football discussion lmao.

15 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Get your tin foil hats out boys

5 minutes ago, danz026 said:

It’s a terrible analogy. It’s like Sunderland offering a player more money and making him the captain, and then beating Manchester Utd to him. A very plausible scenario. 

Sunderland offering a player more money than Manchester United is not a plausible scenario.

If Royal Blood are at Bestival (can't stress how much of an odd booking for Bestival this would be) then it's cos R+L wanna see them prove their stuff before booking them as a headliner rather than a sub slot or whatever. Sending them out on loan, if you will.