Festival toilets

pinkmolly226

The toilets are grim for sure, although it's all about timing. The mornings are fine as they've just been cleaned, but the evenings can be touch & go.

If only men had to sit down to wee just like women, there'd be a whole lot less piss on the seats.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

Please do not put your feet anywhere near the seat,  this type of squatting really passes me off..  Not only do we need to deal with your stinking mess your feet leave behind,  but you then proceed to piss everywhere..  

Agree 100%

and also if you put your feet on the seats you risk slipping off it and might end up face to face with something nasty. Must be some sort of acrobat to be able to do that whilst drunk and with slippy mud on your wellies. 

Personally I don't find them THAT bad compared to the ones at places like reading festival. I tend to take extra loo roll, bacterial wipes or sanitizer and go for the cleanest toilet and give it a wipe over and then cover the seat edge with loo roll. If I'm bladdered I just hover. 

The best ones I had were out download. Even for portaloos they were pretty good. Reading wasn't too bad either, I'm not a fan of poop but I will move on to the next if someone has gone a tad wild. 

A bit of wee on the seat doesn't bother me.

14 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

The toilets are grim for sure, although it's all about timing. The mornings are fine as they've just been cleaned, but the evenings can be touch & go.

If only men had to sit down to wee just like women, there'd be a whole lot less piss on the seats.

To be fair I think women might be more guilty of this because of the hovering, men have had more practice at getting it in the hole. 
Charm x

Just now, Charm said:

To be fair I think women might be more guilty of this because of the hovering, men have had more practice at getting it in the hole. 
Charm x

This is true, but I reckon a lot of women hover in the first place BECAUSE of the pee on the seats (which I suspect men are the most guilty culprits of) - then of course get wee everywhere as a result. As others have said, if the seat is dry or very nearly so, I give it a cursory wipe and sit down. I hate hovering, too much room for error! But if the seat is already a state I have no choice.

My man comments are the result of living with boys throughout my youth and being generally shocked by the amount of pee that seems to land in places other than the toilet bowl. And that's just in a house!

Bloody hell just wipe it and sit down. It's what you would do in the toilets at work fgs.

Hovering just creates more mess, the toilets are so much better than they were in the early 90s and lots of the worlds population dont have any proper sanitation as they will tell you at the squat loos in the sacred space.

If youre having a nightmare head upto the flushers at the top of Big Ground.

Actually one little toilet hack I use for the loos nearest my campsite - I will actually put the seat UP when I'm done. Then often when I come back later it's still up, and I can put down the nice clean seat for a lovely long sit! 

9 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

Actually one little toilet hack I use for the loos nearest my campsite - I will actually put the seat UP when I'm done. Then often when I come back later it's still up, and I can put down the nice clean seat for a lovely long sit! 

What a good idea! I'll be spending wed morning putting all the toilet seats up now! Haha xx

11 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

This is true, but I reckon a lot of women hover in the first place BECAUSE of the pee on the seats (which I suspect men are the most guilty culprits of) - then of course get wee everywhere as a result. As others have said, if the seat is dry or very nearly so, I give it a cursory wipe and sit down. I hate hovering, too much room for error! But if the seat is already a state I have no choice.

My man comments are the result of living with boys throughout my youth and being generally shocked by the amount of pee that seems to land in places other than the toilet bowl. And that's just in a house!

Spot on about reason for hovering, it's obviously their fault, silly me. 
Charm x

3 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

My advice is to use the WaterAid toilet. 24hr attendant service, never a queue, right in the centre of the festival, view of the Pyramid stage... you just have to get over the two way mirror for the door!

Oh no I don't think I would want to see a mirror when I'm bursting for the toilet lol xx

After doing Reading festival for 4 years the compost toilets at Glastonbury were a god send!

However, my girlfriends first festival ever was last years Glastonbury and she was horrified by the toilet situation, she soon learned and by the end of the week it didn't bother her at all.

best advice is to just not worry too much about it, they're only toilets.

I don't really get all the notoriety of the toilets- they're fine these days, in fact I'd say they were better than most public toilets in town centres and pubs as they are cleaned more regularly. 

Yes the the long drops are smelly, but so are your toilets at home after you've been for a poo!

I pride myself on the regularity, punctuality and consistency of my bowel movements, and I managed to time my morning turnout to approx 8am every day at Glastonbury (Michaels mead, round the back of lulu's cafe) which is conveniently just after the trucks give em a bit of a spray and a clean. 

So I'd roll out of bed, stroll across, pick a cubicle, possibly dry the seat with some bog roll if required, and expel myself. Little wipe and a clean down afterwards, and then I'd always leave the cubicle in a better state than when I entered. I did that daily, and it was a delight of a system. I wish everyone would, instead of squatting over - missing - leaving a double footprint of mud just where my bum cheeks and thighs would sit. Filthy buggers. They should be spray painted brown so we all know they're terrible shitters. 

I've not been to a festival or Glastonbury before. But I have been traveling in South America & Asia before so I imagine the toilet standards are going to be similar. 

I'll be taking toilet seat covers if I need them, hand sanitiser and a strong stomach that's been built up over time!

If there's some wee on the seat I just use a thick wad of tissue to wipe it up and then sit down and wee. You are anti-baccing your hands afterwards, don't really see the problem. If there's LOADS of wee on the seat, then I just wait for a different one.

What annoys me more than when girls climb on the long drop seats and wee everywhere is when people just chuck toilet tissue on it so there's just some disgusting soggy piss tissues sitting there instead 

7 hours ago, pinkmolly226 said:

How does everybody deal with the festival toilets? They're unavoidable for us all so does anyone have any advice on which ones are the cleanest? 

I was thinking of buying biodegradable toilet seat covers but they're pretty pricey and when I drink the bladder fills up pretty quickly haha. 

its the toilet covers or some serious hovering lol 

If you're busting for a shit, you'll shit. If you're busting for a piss, you'll piss. you wont care where it is.  just do it in the right places.