Chvrches 

The National

2 out of 5 ain't bad 

Faithless

Earth Wind and Fire

Savages

Prince

Mr B the Gentleman Rhymer

I might get 4 of those.............. but so I am not disappointed II will convince myself it will be just two.

3 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Good morning everyone

Night easty

So if you could book 5 acts to play glastonbury this year who would you pick?

Damian Marley

Newton Faulkner

St Paul & The Broken Bones

Stereophonics

Kendrick or Ice Cube

5 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

How did the new tunes come across live? 

It looked like most of the crowd were already familiar with the new album, so was a good reception. The band started with several new numbers and played much of the album. The last encore was Fear Machine which developed into a loud, psychedelic jam, the new stuff fitted in pretty well, more riff driven perhaps.

We were laughing that the support act The Sundowners sounded like a female version of The Coral before we realised they are of course related. I think the opening act Rory Wynne is linked to them too, so the whole gig was a Hoylake reunion.

12 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It looked like most of the crowd were already familiar with the new album, so was a good reception. The band started with several new numbers and played much of the album. The last encore was Fear Machine which developed into a loud, psychedelic jam, the new stuff fitted in pretty well, more riff driven perhaps.

We were laughing that the support act The Sundowners sounded like a female version of The Coral before we realised they are of course related. I think the opening act Rory Wynne is linked to them too, so the whole gig was a Hoylake reunion.

The new album that's not out until Friday?  Has it leaked really badly?

EDIT: Ignore me, thought I was on the Underworld thread.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

57 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Good

Yeah all on james skellys skeleton key record label

I enjoyed the sundowners when i saw them a couple of years back

Not seen Rory wynne before

14 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

My 5 today are

Eels

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Pulp

Vintage Trouble

The Hives

I could probably pick a different 5 on any given day though

I could have a different 5 ever hour. So much good stuff out there at the moment.

A 5 desires of more unknown bands might be something like:
The Virginmarys
Max Rapter
Gold Panda
Mint Julep
Archive

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

New Order

Depeche Mode

Black Grape

Slipmatt

Juan Maclean

Slipmatt man, now that brought back memories of Helter Skelter back in the day, i,d love to see him there man, and maybe a bit of phil and trix :thumbsu:

4 hours ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

I could have a different 5 ever hour. So much good stuff out there at the moment.

A 5 desires of more unknown bands might be something like:
The Virginmarys
Max Rapter
Gold Panda
Mint Julep
Archive

Here are the above in video form to save you looking them all up.

Edited by A Guy Called Matt

6 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

So whats the worst performance you can remember seeing at glastonbury?

I was at Kate Nash's now legendary 2010 performance.  Honestly it was so brilliantly awful that I should get a tattoo in celebration.

My personal favourite point of the show was that her black lipstick smeared on the mic up her top lip, leading to her ending the gig looking like she had a hitler moustache.

Dogstar (Keanu Reeve's band) played the Other stage in 99 and they were constantly pelted with fruit.  It was a sight to behold.  I think it's unfair to call it a bad performance, they carried on with good grace and the guitarist appeared to find the whole thing hysterical.