Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, heti said:

They seriously don't want sell those Thursday tix...

I don't really see the issue? They're taking a separate announcement to have everyone take notice of this cool project. Friday we're getting another batch of real bands again, definitely including some more Thursday names. 

2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Radiohead confirmed for Secret Solstice in Iceland June 17-19....now I can skip Rock Werchter with no regrets like my original plan was :D 

What's the link between Secret Solstice and Rock Werchter? 

Are you sure Radiohead is ruled out?

14 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Did I say they were ruled out?

Sorry (for my english too :) )

I didn't know from where are you and which festivals you are planning to go...

I thought (wrongly)  all the people here are from Europe/Uk.. Sorry again :):):) 

Edited by alan_ts

26 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Iceland does still fit in with the theory that they're only doing festivals in countries where an arena date isn't profitable...

True, but on a happier note, it makes the pinkpop statement (that they are only playing 2 festivals) less true. Also, I wonder about the "profitable countries" theory: they are playing Japan and I think they are quite popular over there. Time will tell..

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Sorry (for my english too :) )

I didn't know from where you are and which festivals you are planning to go...

I thought (wrongly)  all the people here are from Europe/Uk.. Sorry again :):):) 

Edit: sorry don't know why i quote myself and post this

Edited by alan_ts

56 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

True, but on a happier note, it makes the pinkpop statement (that they are only playing 2 festivals) less true. Also, I wonder about the "profitable countries" theory: they are playing Japan and I think they are quite popular over there. Time will tell..

True. But for Europe, it seems to make sense. It's similar to the TKOL tour actually: announced for Optimus Alive and BBK Bilbao, then releasing Autumn arena dates for Europe bar Spain and Portugal. The Pinkpop organiser also said Radiohead was available for more festivals in 2017. Wouldn't be surprised if this year they're doing shows for the fans (the current festivals + arena tour), then going past the majors in 2017 (Pinkpop, Werchter, Glasto, Roskilde).

But time will tell indeed. It's about time that they give some more information on what is happening with those headliners. Judging by reactions on the past 2 announcements people are getting more frustrated, even if they bring good names. Adding Thursday names 3 times in a row (assuming there will be tomorrow) does somewhat imply that they have that day figured out by now.  

My hope for tommorrow announcement is:

Headliner:

Radiohead or (I know it's impossible) Arcade Fire

Others: 

Moderat (out a new album on April + tour)

Sufjan Stevens

Deftones

LCD Soundsystem

Massive Attack

Young Fathers

What do you expect?

I'd also hope for some hip hop acts (kendrick lamar, run the jewels, snoop dogg) but I think rock werchter doesn't consider them

Edited by alan_ts

34 minutes ago, Rouckos said:

Radiohead, Cage The Elephant, Foals, Chvrches, Kendrick Lamar, The Libertines, Circa Waves 

Last year, Circa Waves were not good... Maybe because they were a late replacement.. I'm hoping for Bruce Springsteen as headliner. My other hopes are Glen Hansard, Gogol Bordello, Gary Clark Jr, Frightened Rabbit, Band Of Horses, LCD Soundsystem and Vintage Trouble. I think we'll get the 4th headliner later (and I hope that Pearl Jam is going to replan a Euro tour including RW on Thursday 30th June).