Political equality @ Glasto...

tom22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point. It was the brutality on putting the strike down that had upset people, not economic theory.

The miners brought it all on themselves (and I say this as someone slap bang in the middle of it all)

What do you expect the police to do when they are assaulted by miners? (and they were)

Was there "excessive force"?  Perhaps, perhaps not, but if the miners had stayed within the law there would have been none.

The miners brought it all on themselves (and I say this as someone slap bang in the middle of it all)

What do you expect the police to do when they are assaulted by miners? (and they were)

Was there "excessive force"? Perhaps, perhaps not, but if the miners had stayed within the law there would have been none.

It what way were you "slap bang in the middle of it all?"

I am interested to know. I am too young, so wont claim to be, but to be in the middle of it you will need to have been there. So you were a miner, a police officer or..?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I am interested to know. I am too young, so wont claim to be, but to be in the middle of it you will need to have been there. So you were a miner, a police officer or what else?

Me to and I'm not to young.

When you starve a man and push him into a corner...

Was there "excessive force"?  Perhaps, perhaps not, but if the miners had stayed within the law there would have been none.

Go fuck yourself, you worthless piece of shit troll. Next you'll be calling the Hillborough Disaster victims thieves and pickpockets. Go back to writing Daily Mail articles, loser.

I am interested to know. I am too young, so wont claim to be, but to be in the middle of it you will need to have been there. So you were a miner, a police officer or..?

Good question.

What was your role in this, Teddington?

And I am old enough to remember.

Eventually the police launched another attack during which the worst of the violence is purported to have taken place. According to The Observer, during this period pregnant women and those holding babies were clubbed by police with truncheons and the police were hitting "anybody they could reach". When some of the travellers tried to escape by driving away through the fields, The Observer states that the police threw truncheons, shields, fire-extinguishers and stones at them in an attempt to stop them.

Yeah obviously all their own fault. I really think if people are attending the festival and approve of this then we have gone in a very wrong direction. I understand that Torirs may attend the festival but support for this state Tory violence that could so easily happen again is beyond me.

Do your research. You clearly are living and thinking in a Tory bubble. Read this and google for more info  http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/12/miners-strike-justice-orgreave-police

And at Orgreve the BBC had to apologise in the end for their footage.. They showed the miners attacking the police and then the police retaliating by attacking the miners. Turns out the footage was shown back to front. The truth was that the police attacked the miners and the miners retaliated by fighting back, That is fact, the Tory government of the time used the police as enforcers of Tory policy. Sad and wrong.

I really have to question whether it was an economic success when so many towns affected are still plagued by unemployment and a total lack of opportunity.

Might have been a success for the big boys, much like this recovery, but it's certainly not worked for everyone. There were better ways - but so often the right silence any discussion by making it black and white so the protests look unreasonable

It's schoolyard stuff really, but works easily on those who want to believe because they were coming out on top

And at Orgreve the BBC had to apologise in the end for their footage.. They showed the miners attacking the police and then the police retaliating by attacking the miners. Turns out the footage was shown back to front. The truth was that the police attacked the miners and the miners retaliated by fighting back, That is fact, the Tory government of the time used the police as enforcers of Tory policy. Sad and wrong.

PLEASE come and have a chat at our lovely peaceful place at the festival next year x

Go fuck yourself, you worthless piece of shit troll. Next you'll be calling the Hillborough Disaster victims thieves and pickpockets. Go back to writing Daily Mail articles, loser.

I think the fact that this post got 3 upvotes speaks volumes for the quality of person on this forum, and explains why I stopped posting a few years back.  Seems things haven't changed.

Ah well.

PLEASE come and have a chat at our lovely peaceful place at the festival next year x

Nah, you really don't want me to have a "chat" with you.  Honestly you don't.

Was there "excessive force"? Perhaps, perhaps not, but if the miners had stayed within the law there would have been none.

Haha you thick propaganda swallowing tory c**t