What's next for S.E corner?

Swine_Glasto2014

thing is, those tents were never really official, and Glastonbury is a very different beast these days - i just don't think they'd get permission to make late night noise in that area otherwise they'd probably be doing it.

plus i was watching some footage of the market raves recently - they would have to be brought up to date cos with 20 years passed they looked a bit crap - nostalgia is a powerful thing.  and you'd be fucked if it rained down there!

Yeah, I think it's a pretty bad part of the site for sound travelling.  Anyone remember the Radio 1 stage somewhere in the markets?  It was reasonable loud, but a tiny tiny area.  Was shut down for sound pollution in the village.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could always revamp and expand Silver Hayes to turn it into a viable late night alternative to SE Corner.

Or kill many birds with one stone - Cut the capaicty and take an area previously reserved for camping and create something. Feweer people plus an extra area would certainly mean less crowds.

If it's possible, good God this.

The south east corner is in the south east scorner because it's the only place where they can turn the volume up late at night.

For the record, I thought it was quite good when I was there (The Common particularly). We really are spoilt aren't we!

my suggestions would be  (and I will say I did enjoy Shangri-La, but only when the numbers allowed a proper look at the smaller venues in the alley, block 9, was crammed, but I thought manageable, even though the sound coming from genosys was pretty low....downlow was the star of the SE Corner in my opinion).

unfairground, keep bez's acid house and that other large bar/venue, but the rest of the fairground rides should go to make way for 1 or 2 largish dance tents

Rocket Lounge and Deluxe dinner, get rid of that, and that coctail place outside heaven takes up far too much space, again add another largish dance tent to the area....(lets face it, how many people are going to be eating in the South East corner? just a waste of space having so many eating spots)

axe the temple, should make it an arcadia afterburner type structure (like they used to have at Rockness and other festivals) , that everyone entering that area can see / take part in

would also try and have Stonebridge bar in the Park area expanded, music in there was great....ben ufo b2b set with Joy O, then hot chip guys especially.

Shangri-la seems too be getting a bit boring now, along with Unfair ground, Block 9 etc...Same lay out, same tents, same bars, stages etc.

Great for the newbie but after four years, it has lost its appeal for me now. Think I went once, got in a crush and bailed.

Lost Vagueness, Shangri-la......

I didn't go there once this year , there is nothing NEW anymore, I just didn't feel the need and found entertainment elsewhere on the site afterhours which was a breath of fresh air actually .

They could always revamp and expand Silver Hayes to turn it into a viable late night alternative to SE Corner.

Or kill many birds with one stone - Cut the capaicty and take an area previously reserved for camping and create something. Feweer people plus an extra area would certainly mean less crowds.

to a large extent the festival's late night areas are dictated by noise, but there's been more and more south of the railway in recent years.  my guess is that Pennards would be a prime location for more late night things.  not necessarily noisey and boisterous like SEC ot Arcadia, but maybe more like the Park after dark.

camping spaces in the festival have been gradually moved westwards - i dunno about restrictions for new camping fields but i'd guess it's not as hard to get as new fields for stages etc.

Salon Carousel is pointless...the outside bar was playing drum n bass opposite, carousel was playing drum n bass and drum and bass on Heaven at one point. Absolute crap booking and order.

saturday night did seem dnb heavy to me.  that music is greatly over-represented in the SEC! 

I agree that the alleyway years were excellent, with lots of quirky and off the wall things to experience.  To me, once these disppeared, the whole area now seems like a series of dance music venues, with nothing to spark my interest. 

I appreciate others thrive on this, but does not hold my attention for any length of time.