I absolutely loved…..

Abu T Hamster

The crowd during Slaves, no idiots just a load of people in love with a band giving everything they had at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. The band were ace as well.

I was a bit down on the Saturday morning after a big Friday. I was walking through the craft fields and this man started talking to me as we were walking. We had a laugh and a joke then he said something like 'not everyone talks to you when you talk to them to them but it costs nothing to be nice' he didn't know it but he gave me such a lift.

I loved Lionel's utter amazement at the crowd, made me feel strangely proud of everyone.

I loved the build up to the libertines, we heard the rumour at 9am on Friday then as we heard more and more stuff the buzz just grew and grew.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raghu Dixit a massive highlight for me too - as you say great humanity from him, lovely interaction with the crowd and some fantastic "dance round like a loon" moments. Absolutely what the festival is all about

one of the highlights of the weekend!

Raghu Dixit a massive highlight for me too - as you say great humanity from him, lovely interaction with the crowd and some fantastic "dance round like a loon" moments. Absolutely what the festival is all about

Raghu Dixit was most definitely the highlight for me, I loved the older couple at the front dancing their socks off, didn't stop smiling all day after and still smiling now :)

Hinds in JP was very special.

The reception they got was amazing, I think it genuinely took them back a bit - one of the girls on stage was crying. They were great though. 

Amen to that! I've never been part of such a big crowd reception at that time of day.

Tom Robinson  - took me back to my teenage years I shared with my best friend who is at the moment fighting cancer. I told her I did Glastonbury for us both and made sure I (we) were at all our favourite 70s bands. She may never make it there to be with me, but she was there in my heart this year and we sang our hearts out to "Glad to be Gay" (and the other TRB songs)

La Roux. Fuxk knows how! I have always thought they were bang average on radio. Can't stand Bulletproof! But their set was excellent, her stage presence was superb, and their band provided a brilliant 80's disco/synth show. Loved it!

Worst thing I saw was The Charlatans. Were they taking the piss? My word.

Edited by Stokesy10

I left the John Peel in shock at how much I enjoyed it. On Monday my mate booked us a ticket to the Manchester show to cheer us both up.

yeah same, first time I've seen them live aswell., ill be at the ritz! .could feel the energy ! fizzy blew me away!!  bit gutted i missed them at the academy now, bet that was amazing!