Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find pt, that part of the perceived lack of passion towards Wales was perhaps more that Giggs placed the importance of his relationship with the Scottish drunkard above that of Wales. Not necessarily that that passion wasn't there.

I used to go to all Wales games and there appeared to be a lack of passion whenever he was on the pitch. Im quite happy for lack of passion if players perform great, Giggs did very little for the national team.

Wales ahead of England in world rankings. Means SFA but I'm sure it's still nice to see that for the Welsh

I would much rather beat England in a football match than rank above them. However the rankings aren't meaningless as they determine seedings.

Scotland :(

I still think between Scotland and Ireland for 3rd, then whoever gets it will probably draw the dutch! I think Scotland are a decent team, but lack that top individual player. Im not even sure who Scotlands best player is.

I would much rather beat England in a football match than rank above them. However the rankings aren't meaningless as they determine seedings.

I still think between Scotland and Ireland for 3rd, then whoever gets it will probably draw the dutch! I think Scotland are a decent team, but lack that top individual player. Im not even sure who Scotlands best player is.

I think we'll get four points from our last three games and Ireland will get three which would see us through on head to head but we really need to beat Poland at home now to make sure third is safe.

Yeah we're a decent enough team, we just lack any outstanding players. There's some positions like goalkeeper and central midfield where we're quite strong but our centre back and particularly forward options are quite poor. Personally I think our best performances under Strachan have been with Naismith up front but Steven Fletcher seems to be favoured at the moment despite poor form for both club and country.

I think Scotland are a decent team, but lack that top individual player. Im not even sure who Scotlands best player is.

The whole of Scotland's not sure either :) .

As far as "decent" team goes, yes can be decent, though not one single shot on goal the whole match currently ,would put us in the "piss poor" category.

Done some great work prior to the Georgia game ,then in one fell swoop,. piss it all away, and unfortunately you can't afford to do that in our group.

From memory, we should beat Germany, but in the end miss out on qualifying somewhere along the line on goal difference.

Fucking love Georgia! :D

That was a huge result with us to play them on Monday and Scotland playing Germany. Scotland need a result now against Germany or Poland. Assuming we get nothing from those two games.

Robbie Keane by the way. 141 caps. 67 international goals! Incredible.

I can see us getting four points from our last three games with Ireland beating Georgia then playing out a draw in the final game against Poland which would see them third by a point.

I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens given Ireland aren't a great side at the moment (not that we're much better right enough). Best chance we've had to qualify in years and we've now made it very difficult for ourselves.

Last night was Utter shite but I can still see us getting 6 points.

I'm hoping for a big performance on Monday but no points, a narrow win against Poland in an edgy night then 3 points to finish off in the algarve :-)

Hopefully that will see us into the play offs.

Would have been happy to see Ireland make it as well but sense we will nick it on the head to head.

Last night was Utter shite but I can still see us getting 6 points.

I'm hoping for a big performance on Monday but no points, a narrow win against Poland in an edgy night then 3 points to finish off in the algarve :-)

Hopefully that will see us into the play offs.

Would have been happy to see Ireland make it as well but sense we will nick it on the head to head.

I do hope you're right comfy.

In fairness, you usually are. :)

Klopp just getting off the phone with the Peterborough chairman now so I hear... :lol:

Depends what Klopp defines as a 'top club'. I suppose Leicester or West Ham could have been classed as 'projects' in the summer, but I wouldn't have blamed him for steering well clear. Whilst he says 'not a top club', I imagine Liverpool would probably be the point at which he draws the line.