Police Pulling Cars Over?

STEatT

Just wondering if police pulls car over on the way to Glastonbury and if so will they be doing this over night from Tuesday to Wednesday? Won't have a car sticker as we are going to purchase on the day but just wondering from previous experiences?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one I'd like to bump in here, I might be carrying down an extra 4 crates with me as my mates are going down on Monday and working there and are getting the train, so won't have enough booze to last them (they like their lager). Is this wise? Just wondering if it'll raise any suspicion that I might be selling the stuff.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Oh absolutely. If you don't have a car park ticket with a photo of your car on it they won't let you in.

;)

Past experience has been a doddle. Just follow the signs / standard flow of traffic and you'll be fine. As long as you don't look shady or you've already started drinking you won't have a problem.

I was under the impression you cant be pulled over unless there is a fault on your car or your driving is irratic/speeding.

Never seen in it whilsy Ive been going (every year since 2003). Service stations could be a different matter, but again, I've never seen it.

I was under the impression you cant be pulled over unless there is a fault on your car or your driving is irratic/speeding.

Never seen in it whilsy Ive been going (every year since 2003). Service stations could be a different matter, but again, I've never seen it.

Really? Last year was the first time I haven't seen a police roadside checkpoint - wasn't sure if that was because they didn't set em up till Wednesday.

Keep away from the service stations on the way down if you are carrying anything.

I know one person that lost his stash of dope one year to the Police and other came close to losing 20 pills.

I've never encountered them either, but have heard tales of them for many years (as well as at service stations) so be safe. Hide what needs hiding, don't drink til you are out of the car.

We had a full car search by security in 2011, it was clearly just a by the numbers box ticking thing and only took about 5 minutes. They didn't even pay attention to the fact we had no car park sticker. Most of the searching (at gates, of cars and on the way in by the police) is surely there to act as a precaution so people don't behave like there is no law and therefore we all behave reasonably rather than any serious attempt to find contraband items and catch criminals.

*edit* To reaffirm what TDW says, Michaelwood is one service station I've heard of being the site of searches before as well on a number of occasions, but we stop there on the way there and back every year without issue ourselves. Probably a matter of timing.

Edited by Spindles

I read on here last year that they patrol the closest services and also pull people over based on the sticker being in the window.

Best bet is to make your car look as normal as possible and don't put the sticker in the window until you're there.

Someone here puts a kids surfboard in the window so it looks like he is going on a family holiday...

Slightly OT but didn't feel this warrants a new thread, we are staying in the east CV, do security often search you going through the pedestrian gate? If so how thoroughly? Just thinking do I need to be clever about hiding certain things.

I've been searched several times and it was half arsed at best. They looked in the top of my bag and that was about it. Perhaps others have had different experiences. Given that there was nothing stronger than cider in my stuff I wasn't bothered.

Would be very surprised if the police and DVLA don't have number plate monitoring technology on the motorways and roads leading to the festival. Through that they can check car tax, insurance, and other issues connected to the vehicle or owner. They then pull in people on the route. Be warned they now have the power to confiscate vehicles on the spot so make sure all your papers are up to date

At V Festival last year they also had drug sniffer drugs checking vans and cars on the way in! So expect a fair bit of police presence before and after the festival

Cooter put up a staggering story of being pulled over at a services about ten years ago. I dunno if it's been archived however. I was agog at the detail of his experience with the rozzers.

If you're on about the "Police Roadblocks, Security etc" biblically sized thread then yes it was interesting. Wasn't all my knowledge though, far from it. Lots of handy tips and advice thanks to lots of efest members. I'd love to be able to find it again, most info would still stand even now.

You don't have to be a member to read these forums, and if you think the police don't check here you're a fool.

I've been pulled by the police but escaped by the skin of our teeth, though we only had a smattering of weed it's still enough to get the old sphincter flexing.

We got pulled heading down the motorway towards Bristol purely because they could see camping equipment in our car. A police car pulled out from a layby behind us, followed then circled us and flashed up it's message "follow me". My mate who was driving started shitting himself and I told him just to chill, tucked the weed under my seat and made a rollie fairly obviously in my lap and started smoking that.

So we did follow him off the services... was our exit anyway and he stopped and waved us up beside him, it seemed our nonchalant act had worked as he seemed entirely confused as to whether he'd managed to pull us over or we'd not noticed and just left the motorway as usual

He asked if we were going to festival as he'd seen kit in our car and if it was okay if they got us to drive around the corner to ask some questions and stupidly my mate said yes. We went around into the carpark to see three/four police vans complete with sniffer dogs and three punters cars, two with blokes in tears on them.

They all looked like normal 'innocent' lads and mates, all in their early twenties, maybe one set of teens a couple of girls - no dealers, no big time criminals just young people with a life ahead of them having it spoilt for some rozzer's rap sheet. So well done them.

They came to talk to us and I'd already prompted the flatmate so we made a big deal of how we were on the way to his mums (we were) and dinner was waiting so if it's alright... etc. They tried to trick my mate into saying he had drugs playing the childish yes/no question game, but luckily my mate has little patience and pointed it out, the cop laughed and waved us on. We drove past the poor searched guys and I said to my mate "Phew, did you see the dogs?" and he said "They had dogs?" and pretty much shat himself lol

But we made it.

The key mistake thinking back was when he waved us up alongside his car. As with stop and search law that was the time to ask what we had done wrong and what law we appeared to be breaking - having camping equipment is not acceptable cause for a stop. Should have apologised that we had somewhere to be and if we weren't under arrest for speeding or whatever we would like to be on our way, ever so politely

Miserable habit. So now our rules are the sticker never goes up, the car contents must not breach the window line and must not look like festivaling equipment, never speed, always indicate, and never never ever ever toke.

So f'kin boring compared to the 04 rules which mostly comprised one word "HOTBOX!"

PS. this was '11

Edited by frostypaw