Line up advice please

dicko_belfast

Hey everyone - was just hoping to get some tips on the line up if possible. My friends and I are going this year for the 2nd time - we last went 2 years ago and one of the highlights for us was a random set by Keith Allen and all his friends playing covers in the rabbit hole at about 1pm on the Saturday, the atmosphere was brilliant and it was just something different - a festival goer actually proposed to his girlfriend on the stage mid-set! They were playing all sorts - everything from Nirvana to the Clash to Electric Six.

Now I know Glastonbury has numerous random acts like this - but I thought you guys might know more of the names on the line up than we do. Could anyone reccommend an act like this or notice anything similar on the line up - doesn't neccessarily have to be a covers band but just maybe something that we will know or could get to know before the festival - a real feel good, up tempo set maybe during the day in a small stage. (again I know there will be lots of this going on everywhere, but just thought I might pick some more knowledgable fans brains).

One thing like this I think will be beans on toast on the Thursday night in Hell - def going to check him out.

Anyways, any help or thoughts are much appreciated!!

Have a great festival everyone! :)

It won't be songs you know, but it's worth checking out Mik Artistik's Ego Trip - numerous sets over the weekend and he's a Glasto staple for many

I've been watching some of his stuff on Youtube and going to check him out on the Wednesday, will definitely be a laugh with a few ciders inside.

It won't be songs you know, but it's worth checking out Mik Artistik's Ego Trip - numerous sets over the weekend and he's a Glasto staple for many

Absolutely fucking wonderful they are! They were the highlight of our festival for the past two year. Definitely give them a watch if you can.

Harmonic Prospector in a different thread - sounds like it could be right up your street:

"Not a live act as such but Wheel Of Four Tunes have been the highlight of my last 2 Glastonburys. 2 dudes dressed as Power Rangers with a wheel of music genres such as Rock, Cheese, Motown, ska, Disco, etc. They get someone from the crowd up to spin the wheel and whatever genre it lands on they play four songs from that genre. This continues for 2 hours!

It sounds fairly generic but it is absolutely brilliant and their song choices for each genre are absolutely perfect. Lots of maniac dancing and their banter with the crowd is fantastic. They play on the Sensation Seekers stage in the early hours and what is brilliant is seeing the crowd grow larger and larger throughout their set as more and more people who are trudging towards the South East Corner queuing system get drawn in by the party atmosphere they are generating. I have seen them start with a crowd of 20 which has grown to about 1500 people by the end of their set.

They are the definition of an "Instant Fun" act. "

And subsequent feedback post-festival from Brave Sir Robin:

"Thanks so much for this recommendation, had such a great time with these guys! Nearly lost my voice yelling along to all the cheesy tunes, was so nice in the midst of all the critically acclaimed stuff around the rest of the festival!"

I would recommend their Thursday night set on Sensation Seekers as it is their longest and doesn't clash with anything huge. I intend to go and see them again on the Saturday night after The Mothership too.

Just checked this out. Stumbled across him in 2007 and had a great time. Had no idea who it was until now so thanks. I can still remember the lyrics to Condoleeza Rice.

I'm gonna check out Mick Artistik on Wednesday. Anything else people would recommend for the Wednesday. I'll just be pissed looking for a good time so anything that's a laugh would be good really.

Yes Thrill Collins are very very brilliant. + Rabbit Hole is very very brilliant. = Thrill Collins in the Rabbit Hole on Sunday 3:45pm to 4:30pm.

(PS, I organised that Wedding proposal during Keiths set as a result of a request on this forum. And this week received an invitation to the evening doo!) :)

Hip hop karaoke in Stonebridge bar in the park during the afternoon is good, people from crowd getting up trying to rap, the people running it are funny and make it a right giggle.

anyone had a go?

I can rap pretty much the whole of check your head in a way only a middle aged lower middle class northerner can.

Could be good? Will I win a prize for being the best?

anyone had a go?

I can rap pretty much the whole of check your head in a way only a middle aged lower middle class northerner can.

Could be good? Will I win a prize for being the best?

There's a list on their web site of available songs but it's quite beastie boy light as they are my fave as well...