2pm - 3pm

Matt42

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate and respect the seriousness in which you approach this Neil I really do. I suppose what i'm trying to say is that as a bystander / infrequent poster and frequent lurker.. it kind of feels somewhat endless across every thread, and for me that's crossing a line a bit, it's consistently alienating matt.

Of course, he might all be having a good laugh at this! but this is just my opinion.

I'm aware that it could step into that, but I don't think it has - if for no other reason than Matt plays up to it, with threads such as this one.

While I agree it might come across as on the line for a casual observer, my take is that within context it's all in good humour and i haven't seen anyone go too far on here* or go at him him too often.

(* I think Matt perhaps had a genuine complaint about something on wiki)

For Matt: if I've got this wrong, I apologise and please talk to me about it. I will take it seriously.

On a personal note, I'm very much hoping that Matt will come to the meet as I'm looking forwards to meeting him - yes, to take the piss, but also because he's become a bit a feature - and a nice one - here recently.

whoa!

While Matt has certainly had the piss ripped out of him in a not-unfriendly way, I've never seen anything which might be called 'bullying'.

If you're aware of any bullying please point me in its direction, so I can consider what action might need to be taken. It's something I'll take seriously.

I consider the first few pages of this thread to be bullying.

I'm aware that it could step into that, but I don't think it has - if for no other reason than Matt plays up to it, with threads such as this one.

While I agree it might come across as on the line for a casual observer, my take is that within context it's all in good humour and i haven't seen anyone go too far on here* or go at him him too often.

For Matt: if I've got this wrong, I apologise and please talk to me about it. I will take it seriously.

On a personal note, I'm very much hoping that Matt will come to the meet as I'm looking forwards to meeting him - yes, to take the piss, but also because he's become a bit a feature - and a nice one - here recently.

Perfect response. The tone of this whole thread I would say has been playful, not aggressive or nasty at all. I do hope matt42 is okay.. his absence is worrying

Perfect response. The tone of this whole thread I would say has been playful, not aggressive or nasty at all. I do hope matt42 is okay.. his absence is worrying

Tone on the Internet is notoriously difficult to read. The man gets shit on here, have you seen his rep? Even if it is playful, there's a significant chance of anything jokey being misread, given the history of posts to him.

I am also of the opinion that some of the comments Matt gets are harsh and bordering on personal. He's just an enthusiastic youngster who is passionate about Glastonbury. Fair play to him - it's easy enough to ignore if you don't like it

I'd say your patronising him there is more offensive than anyone calling him a tit.

I consider the first few pages of this thread to be bullying.

I've just gone back on them to have another read.

Nearly every comment refers to the thread ("worst thread ever", etc), and nothing of the person who started the thread.

To me, that reads as a way of making sure its not taken in any personal or bullying way, whilst still giving room to rip the piss.

There are just three posts which refer to the person who started the thread (two by name, and one in a 'him' sort of way), and they're exceedingly mild - particularly alongside how much the thread is getting hammered.

At the end of the day, if someone is going to post things on the internet they're going to have to expect any possible response, from the whole range of what might be 'fair comment' to the unnecessarily personal/abusive - and nothing that I just read falls within unnecessarily personal/abusive.

Matt's been around long enough and isn't stupid, if he feels anyone has crossed the line he knows Neil will take any complaint seriously. I for one think it's people like Matt who make this forum what it is and makes it so enjoyable to read every day, I bet he's lurking and admiring the good work he's created with this thread

Don't get too hung up on reputation, if you say something stupid you get shot down, if you say something amusing or worthwhile people tip the hat. Russy, for example, has garnered the healthy figure he has amassed largely through his creative use of insulting language, for which we all love him. Never before had I considered trumpet an insult.

as a long time lurker.... very rare poster...only recognise a few regular posters etc... didn't really think of going to the efest meet as i don't really know anyone on here....... i think this matt post has changed all that!! the scenes if he attends!!!!