How many days left at work until you finish for Glasto?

Anderson19

No more days. I am done. Mrs Elk and I set off tomorrow, driving the vintage VW camper that we've hired, after being in tents for every Glasto up till now. I've taken her out for a spin, and have discovered they are a bastard to drive, and that wind is not my friend, so I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I turn up tomorrow. On the plus side, apart from putting the awning up, there's no setting up, so I can get on it pretty much as soon as I pull the handbrake on!!

Tent again next year!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to head down on Thursday morning this year, but if I could, I would definitely book tomorrow off and go, like we usually do!

Unfortunately, due to various people leaving the job, my team of 6 is down to 2 at the moment! There is no way I am getting out a second earlier than I booked in the first place, and worse than that, I am very likely to end up working late tomorrow!

I am babysitting tonight as well, and haven't even started packing yet!

It is going to feel so weird tomorrow! How will I sleep here, knowing everyone is already there?

:(

7 hours and 45 minutes - but who is counting?

@amfy - I understand why that would feel weird, especially if you get there yearly every Wednesday! Hopefully work flies by because you sound busy and it will be Thursday before you know it :)

Thank you for thinking of me!

Today had good news and bad news, my boss has demanded that more things are completed before I leave than I expected, but she has also said I can work from home all day to get it all done.

This means I can kind of mix up my getting work finished and getting Glastonbury ready tomorrow.

I've also managed to get a bit ahead of the game and get quite a bit of my work done whilst babysitting tonight, once I got the little down to sleep.

I'm now far more optimistic of an early start on Thursday than I was!

Edited by amfy

• 4 months later...