Topic Chemical Brothers

tezshields

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best Chems gig I have been to by a bit. Thought it lacked something at times and I found myself critical of mixing on occasion Belted out a massive ending however which had the place bouncing and a great last gig of the the weekend overall

It's worth remembering it was only one of them.. Ed wasn't actually there!

Having watched it in full now I'd only be critical in saying the 2011 set was more of a greatest hits selection to this. Then again its difficult when you have a new album on the horrizon.  Remember last year the Manics played a couple of new songs inbetween the classics and it went a bit flat.

Visually, i think it was better than 2011..the new other stage looks awesome.

Edited by tumbles

i loved it.  perhaps not a surprise, but there you go.  the new stuff went down great and some old faves made a welcome return (elektrobank, sunshine underground).

there was a point, when swoon began, and the crowd heard what it was.  a roar went up.  red flares were lit all around us.  people were hugging and kissing.  others got on their mates shoulders and put their arms around other people on other shoulders.  and people sang:

just remember

to fall in love

there's nothing else

there's nothing else

and that was the moment the weekend caught up with me and i lost it.  grinning from ear to ear, tears streaming down my face.  and i thought, yeah.. that's it.. i'll take that.

DSC_0361_zpsj2tlbmfw.jpg

magical.

It's worth remembering it was only one of them.. Ed wasn't actually there!

Having watched it in full now I'd only be critical in saying the 2011 set was more of a greatest hits selection to this. Then again its difficult when you have a new album on the horrizon.  Remember last year the Manics played a couple of new songs inbetween the classics and it went a bit flat.

Visually, i think it was better than 2011..the new other stage looks awesome.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-29%20at%2018.28.

So who is the stand in then? I had an inkling there maybe a stand in before their set, but thought from a distance he looked similar so assumed it was Ed. Feel a tincy wincy bit mugged off now to be fair... saying that though, it was an amazing site to behold and be a part of.

It's worth remembering it was only one of them.. Ed wasn't actually there

Yeah was very aware of that and maybe heightened my critical ear

There was significant lulls with not enough punch in the following drop to justify them I found but I did have a good time and left it smiling so it's not all bad from me, just not the best Chems gig I've been to.....not by a long way (maybe I've seen em too much at this stage?)

So who is the stand in then? I had an inkling there maybe a stand in before their set, but thought from a distance he looked similar so assumed it was Ed. Feel a tincy wincy bit mugged off now to be fair... saying that though, it was an amazing site to behold and be a part of.

You certainly shouldn't. The guy who does the visuals was on stage with him which is probably the reason the visuals were so awesome.

Reading the guardian pre Glastonbury interview it could be the last time we see them at Pilton. It sort of suggested they'd be calling it a day after this album.

Hope not as not many left of that era now.. No orbital. No Chems.. :(

Brilliant stuff, like an absolute medley at times, the amount of vocal samples and mash ups was awesome, i couldn't keep up at the end.

I did tell my friends that this could be the last Chems set at Glasto.

my thoughts too.  so many bits of tunes not heard for years, and Rowlands seemed much more animated than i've seen him in ages.  it was a tour-de-force of greatest moments of their 20 years. 

probably be back there in 2019!

Set of the weekend by a mile.

The BBC has a filter over the footage doesn't it. The start was much brighter than that.

And what a start, Hey Girl Hey Boy? How dare they.

Must add how good the sound was on the other stage. Especially for the chems.

Edited by Slugworth