Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

This is what I'm telling her now. She's got quite a distinctive look though.

Doesn't matter, someone will still buy it and chance it. I might do it myself this year if I fail in this resale. Mates have bought them before and got in. Sometimes easy and sometimes after a lot of effort.

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

Doesn't matter, someone will still buy it and chance it. I might do it myself this year if I fail in this resale. Mates have bought them before and got in. Sometimes easy and sometimes after a lot of effort.

I managed to sell one on last year. It was harder than I thought it might be to actually find a buyer but in the end I had about 3 people interested. (And it went to the first one who promised to pay up, for what I'd paid plus postage -- no profit!)

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

I managed to sell one on last year. It was harder than I thought it might be to actually find a buyer but in the end I had about 3 people interested. (And it went to the first one who promised to pay up, for what I'd paid plus postage -- no profit!)

I think most people that sell them don't care about the profit for Glastonbury. They have just had a change of circumstances after the refund deadline and have not insured their ticket. We have only ever paid around face value for them anyway give or take a few pounds. 

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

I think most people that sell them don't care about the profit for Glastonbury. They have just had a change of circumstances after the refund deadline and have not insured their ticket. We have only ever paid around face value for them anyway give or take a few pounds. 

Plus you'd have to have very specific circumstances to use the insurance anyway.... have you ever looked at what it covers? Nothing normal like "my boss literally won't let me have the time off anymore"

6 minutes ago, mrsstocksey said:

So there really hasn't been a lot going on today...I can't remember last year if there was a lot of activity in the morning before the sale or not? Feels a bit like the calm before the storm!

Interesting...maybe yesterdays activity was gearing us up for today!

4 minutes ago, mrsstocksey said:

So there really hasn't been a lot going on today...I can't remember last year if there was a lot of activity in the morning before the sale or not? Feels a bit like the calm before the storm!

I remember it taking my by surprise last year and I would've missed it if it weren't for WhatsApp. (But the ticket was for a friend and not for me so I wasn't as in tenterhooks as I would've been if it were my ticket!!!)

3 minutes ago, mrsstocksey said:

Before the sales on the 18th last year lots of tiny page changes were being made (sounds similar to yesterdays antics) but quite early morning. The registration link kept disappearing and re-appearing. Gave me shivers reading the part when it happened haha 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Before the sales on the 18th last year lots of tiny page changes were being made (sounds similar to yesterdays antics) but quite early morning. The registration link kept disappearing and re-appearing. Gave me shivers reading the part when it happened haha 

Just read that myself, it's gave me alot more confidence which I'm not sure is a good thing!

3 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

It's good to go back and read the sheer joy from people when they finally get their tickets but at the moment it's making me feel rather sick :( 

• Upvote 1