The Laura Marling thread

ghandi

I think She's a must for the Park, JP doesn't suit really and not the Pyramid again, doubt she'd go for it anyway, and hopefully not the Other stage........................... has to be Park headliner

I think She's a must for the Park, JP doesn't suit really and not the Pyramid again, doubt she'd go for it anyway, and hopefully not the Other stage........................... has to be Park headliner

can see her being the JP headliner, myself

Going back to the John Martyn thing from earlier today, I dug out the live in concert BBC recordings of him at Glastonbury. It's fuckawful, the worst sort of John Martyn, all overproduced smooth with jazzy brass flourishes and the like. Saxaphones over the top of some awful Phil Collins drumming. Horrific. Would have hated to see that on the Pyramid. Crowd seem to like it, mind.

I'm with these guys Mardy. The notion of Marling playing the Peel is vulgar. Friday night on the Park, before it starts getting swarmed with fucking seagulls.

She won't play JPT, just wouldn't work, maybe at a stretch West Holts but defo not JPT.

Fuck it, what am I talking about? She'll play the Park....

Always liked Laura Marling without tipping over into being a fan, but this new album is just stunning. The Drake and Martyn comparisons actually stand up to scrutiny, which is as high as acompliment as I can pay

I seriously hope she doesn't clash with anyone else I really want to see.

If she plays. Let's hope she's there, though not a religious man , let's prey, after all it's Sunday :)