Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. That'll save me a few hundred quid & give me a free weekend in June

Definitely worth missing the whole festival for one band. 

Unless Oli Sykes and co did something to your family. In which case, I'm very sorry for jumping the gun. 

I'm only messing. 

But they're subbing Reading, they have a new album out, the momentum  behind this release is greater than what Avenged had for Hail to the King. Their tour is rumoured for Jan. That will sell out and then they'll come over and headline Download on the Friday a la what Slipknot did this year. 

This new album will be more commercial for them and by the reaction online, it's gunna be huge. If MCR can do it, I think BMTH can. 

It's a no brainer for me personally. Add BMTH to a list of established headliners like Iron Maiden/Tool/Black Sabbath/Biffy Clyro/Pearl Jame and it could be a strong line up. For all you old rockers, BMTH are probably the biggest new rock band at the moment. Download can't keep having Def Leopard headlining every year. 

Edited by endswithMJ

It seems like an absolute no-brainer now, agreed, but Copping's replied to a couple of tweets saying he doesn't reckon they're big enough yet. Additionally, as little as it matters, they're not on the headliner poll either. Think they'll either be sub or headline Sonisphere but it seems daft considering they're in prime position now and there isn't really time to drag feet on bumping up acts like BMTH as we have probably already seen with BFMV.

It seems like an absolute no-brainer now, agreed, but Copping's replied to a couple of tweets saying he doesn't reckon they're big enough yet. Additionally, as little as it matters, they're not on the headliner poll either. Think they'll either be sub or headline Sonisphere but it seems daft considering they're in prime position now and there isn't really time to drag feet on bumping up acts like BMTH as we have probably already seen with BFMV.

Hmmm, seems a bit weird to say they are not headliner sized at the moment. Maybe they aren't right now. But I seriously think this album will elevate them to Download headliner size. If Download don't jump on them in 2016 I think 2017 may be a bit too late and they'll have to wait until 2018/2019. 

I guess we'll find out when a) the album is released and the reception it gets and B) the size of venues on their tour. My guess would be arenas with maybe a few nights at Ally Pally or something - they've done Wembley so can't see them doing that again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it is a bit strange. I was checking my emails the other day as I wasn't sure if I'd bought my ticket yet or not, I usually get it straight away. I couldn't find it obviously. I hope all is well and they aren't thinking of pulling it for a year.

Could it be that there's truth in the rumour that the festival could be a four dayer next year?  That would presumably affect both ticket options and pricing.

Could it be that there's truth in the rumour that the festival could be a four dayer next year? That would presumably affect both ticket options and pricing.

Possibly, it could also be that they're struggling to secure any acceptable headliners, although I doubt that as they've had no issue issue in running with a set of sub par headliners before.

Black Crow reckons a friend has seen the line up to Soni and Rammstein are headlining one day. He did get it right ish in 2014 although he's a complete fanboy and has got it wrong many times too. Maybe they have indeed got their shit together this year.

Im not sure when it will run, but it's being put on to target people [mainly from UK] who are travelling over for the Euro's. So will be sometime during that. 

Got the impression it would run same weekend as UK one.  Looks like tickets on sale soon.

Got the impression it would run same weekend as UK one.  Looks like tickets on sale soon.

Makes most sense. I haven't been to a tournament before but I get the impression people go over for the group stages then plan onwards, and the two weekends within the group stages are Download weekend and Hellfest weekend. Plus if it's Download weekend they get to tie some acts into playing both their events. Wonder what the deal will be with showing matches though.